Remote Sync won't "save"

deathWIIver

wiitarded
Feb 6, 2007
michigan
*this is my first post, be nice please!*

For some reason my remote didn't come synced from the factory, so i figured no big deal. i'll sync it myself. And so i did...

as of right now these are the issues with my syncing (and i've owned the system less than 24 hours) ::

-loses sync when switching channels
-loses sync when powered off, with remote or console
-remote will not turn on console (because the sync won't save)
-loses sync when idle mode happens (screen dim thing)

some things to know before replying::

i used the standard method every time to sync my remote and it has worked 100 percent of the time.

i have not had any issues in game, or any movement malfunctions at all.

i've tried resetting the sync by holding the button 15 seconds at start
i've unplugged everything for 30 minutes, tried again.

again, i've yet to lose my sync or have any problems in any game and i'm bashing my head into a wall trying to figure this out.

from the look of it, it's probably a defected wii but i would just like to know if anyone else has encountered this issue and knows any way to resolve it

Ok first of all Wiimotes arent surpossed to come synced from the factory, you do have to sync it yourself. With your problems though I would think it would be a defected Wii or Wiimote either one.

I work in GAME & I had a customer tell us the other day that when she tried to sync a 2nd Wiimote to her machine it actually unsynced BOTH the motes & neither would resync. Ive also had a few other returns of wiimotes not syncing, so there are definitely some issues. I just recommend people to contact nintendo, since they'll know more about the machine than I ever will. :)

Icetrash said:
Ok first of all Wiimotes arent surpossed to come synced from the factory

i appreciate the reply BUT

page 20 Wii Operations Manual clearly states:

"The Wii Remote included with your Wii system has been synchronized with the console at the factory."

Icredible Braig said:
I had a customer tell us the other day that when she tried to sync a 2nd Wiimote to her machine it actually unsynced BOTH the motes & neither would resync.

my remote does sync, it just won't save.

can you recall specifically what her issue was? did she say they just wouldn't sync period?

The remote that came with my Wii had this problem as well. It would sync up just fine, but when you loaded something, or went into a channel it would unsync.

After fiddling around, and testing it with a second remote that I had bought, I figured out the remote that came with the Wii was bad. Exchanged it for a new one using the packaging from the other remote, and now both have worked perfect ever since.

i don't have a second remote yet. do you think the retailer would take it back? or do i have to deal directly with nintendo on this one?

Probably would have to exchange the whole package to get a new remote, or like you said deal with nintendo directly.

turns out this is a defect in the remote. there isn't a fix for it and nintendo is sending me one 3-4 business days. hope this resolves the issue for anyone to stumble on this thread with the same problem. thanks to those who posted here.

to sync the wii remote

1. open the battery cover. Press and release the small red button located below the batteries.

2. The player indicator lights near the bottom of the wii remote's face should all begin flashing.

3. Aim the wii remote at the front of the wii console, then press and release the red button marked " sync " located on the front of the console under the SD memory card flap.

4. Wait until the wii remote connects to the console. When a blue player indicator light shines at the bottom of the wii remote, the connection is confirmed.:mad2:

I hope that this will help you sync your wii remotes:thumbsup:

No, I followed his directions. I had issues saving the sync with an extra remote I ordered directly from Nintendo. Worked for me. Yay!

Back