How Long Does It Take To Update!? Help Me?!

eriffic

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
hey guys, im updating the wii through wireless network... and its going sooooooo slow.... is it suuppose to take that long? its going 1 cm every 2-3 minutes. WTF?! i need help thanks,

so how long do you think this would take? aprrox? thanks

It took pretty long. It did 2 updates for me. Must have been like 20 minutes or something for both. I didn't pay attention, though. I ended up watching TV while it updated.

it took me about 5 min for each update. i guess it just depends on your wireless signal, download speed, and how buisy the servers are

and make sure you aren't using bittorrent. I had my bittorrent running and i was like... soo slow... then i turned it off. and bam! done!

Saku said:
It took pretty long. It did 2 updates for me. Must have been like 20 minutes or something for both. I didn't pay attention, though. I ended up watching TV while it updated.

Thats what I think I am going to do, I can't stay 40 minutes waiting for that!

My first update took about 7 minutes. . . but I think that was because it was launch early morning day of launch and everybody was updating their brand-spakin-new Wii's.

The second update for parental controls took like 2 minutes.

MoLdyShinobi said:
mines been going got 2 hours and 30 mins...yet still no progres.. =/ any advice?

That's not good...

I would check your router settings to make sure it's not blocking traffic from the Nintendo Servers.

MoLdyShinobi said:
mines been going got 2 hours and 30 mins...yet still no progres.. =/ any advice?

I seem to be having the same problem... did yours update in the end??

Cheers

The servers are probably weighed down. Try again later. With a pretty good but not incredible wireless setup, I was able to update in under 5 minutes.

Parental Control Download Froze

Hi, I have just installed a new wireless router and my Wii found it and started installing the update.

I't has appeared to have stalled and hasn't moved for almost 2 hours. I cant get out of it and it says that i shouldn't turn off the Wii. What should i Do:mad2:

same thing is happening to me right now. im afraid to turn it off. just hooked up a new router also..and the bar has stopped moving.. ahhhh

Back