I got a SNES. So what games to get?

Wow my favourite all time SNES game and it's one of my favourite all time RPGs is Chrono Trigger, I'm surprised only one guy mentioned it.

My copy of Mario All-Stars does not have Super Mario World with it.

I agree, Chrono Trigger is the best SNES game, along with A Link to the Past.
My copy of Chrono Trigger doesn't work anymore and I looked on ebay for a replacement.... wow, they are priced pretty high for a game that old. At least they were a year or so ago. Can't wait for it to be released on VC.

Anyway, you should also consider getting:

Donkey Kong Country
Mortal Kombat III
Street Fighter II Turbo

I say you get some cool fighting and RPG games like...

fighting:
mortal kombat games
street fighter games
killer instinct

RPGs:
donkey kong games
final fantasy games
secret of mana games
chrono trigger
super mario all-stars

Super was like the only Nintendo System to ever have good third party support. The third party games were badass, and some of you guys mention almost all games made by Nintendo. I heard Uni-Racers, it's awesome, you get boosts every time you land a trick. Lost Vikings is good too, not many games like that. Lemmings is good, they should make it on the Wii. Here's the one awesome cult game you should get but you will have a hard time finding: Metal Warriors.

Shoot em ups -
Assault Suits Valken (awesome game)
Axelay
Paradious
Super Star Wars

RPG -
Shadowrun
Chrono Trigger
Actraiser (more of a god sim/platformer but it was a great game)

Misc -
Pilotwings (although the N64 version is much better)

my list of perfect SNES games--

*Super Mario World
*Claymates
*True Lies
*Mario All Stars
Killer Instinct
*Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
*Brutal- Paws of Fury
*Bubsy
Super Street Fighter 2

*= must have IMO

Final Fantasy VI.

Easily the best game on the SNES, and probably the third best game out of the whole Final Fantasy series. Hell, I reckon that it's better than EVERY game on the Mega-Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, X-Box, 360, Gamecube, N64, Wii and Playstation 2. The only reason it isn't better than all the games on the Playstation is because FF VII and VIII are on there :p

First few I'd go for are:

Cannon Fodder
Shadowrun
Secret Of Mana
Mario Kart
Unirally
Legend Of The Mystical Ninja
Pilotwings
Super Parodius
Pop 'n' Twinbee

Think Unirally's called something else in the US. All those are classics though. Any particular genre ya like?? Could reccomend a few lesser known ones then.

reefer121 said:
my list of perfect SNES games--

*Super Mario World
*Claymates
*True Lies
*Mario All Stars
Killer Instinct
*Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
*Brutal- Paws of Fury
*Bubsy
Super Street Fighter 2

*= must have IMO

Dude, seriously? I think you've been smokin one too many lookin at ur username!! True lies?!? Claymates?!? Bubsy!!??!! But most of all, BRUTAL?!?!?!?!?! Bad, bad standards...

Back