Internet browser on Wii

kris123

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Hi Folx:

I thought Wii came with an Internet browser but I did not see one, neither could I download it. Any idea when the browser will be available.

Thanks

codeking said:
opera should come with the wii or be free download. confuzzling

go to wii shop and there should be an option for it. however nintendo has a message in it saying it will be released shortly.

under the wii shop you click on start shopping and then there are a couple options, such as VC software and "Wii-Ware" and it will be in Wii-Ware of course all it shows is a picture of google.com and says that it will be coming shortly

LazyScoutJedi said:
How long will it be free?

im pretty sure it will always be free. a browser should never cost money. if it does ever cost anything, im sure some people will find a way to acess it or make a browser like they did for the PSP

wele said:
only until june 2007? o_O

where'd you get this information? :mad2:

no that you will have to pay for the browser like monthly like its free till june to get it cuzu have to downlaod it after june 27 it will coast u p/b liek 20 bucks to get it no biggy :thumbsup:

Okay, the Opera Browser will be available soon and it will be free til' June 2007, then you will have to pay to use it:ee5k: :thumbsup:

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Okay, the Opera Browser will be available soon and it will be free til' June 2007, then you will have to pay to use it:ee5k: :thumbsup:

thats absolutley stupid i think. if its free for the pc...why not for the wii. watch for some hacks coming out for that ha

im getting a little confused. i get it that its gonna be free for a while. does that mean that, its free to download.. and if u were lucky to download it for free, u dont have to pay later on. or, will it always be free to download, but will have to start paying monthly for it starting in june (assuming its a monthly charge)

From wii.nintendo.com:

"When available, this channel will dramatically change the relationship between your home, the television and the Internet. After downloading the Opera browser with Wii Points, you can surf the Internet right from the comfort of your couch. You can do quick research while watching a television program ("What was that actor's name again?"), or book travel plans and shop during commercials. The service is compatible with Macromedia Flash and also runs AJAX software."

Opera Browser w/ Wii Points; Wii Points cost money; Opera Browser = not free.

Back