Is it my dial-up, or is this a common problem? Slow server?

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
Every night, around 11 eastern, the site gets really slow. Enough for a timeout error. This lasts for 15 minutes or so, then it picks up agian. might happend between midnight and 3 pm as I'm not on then..... Wondering if it's just me.

I don't see why. There are only like 250 or so members online when this happens.

is it just this site or all of them? could be just aloota traffic on your ISP servers

It might be a new problem.
Because when I was really into WiiChat I'd be up late and there was no problem for me. It's late now and there's no problems.
I think it's just your computer or your internet connection.
How fast is your processor??

All other sites load quicky. Wiichat is in the cache... so I can't measure by speed.

It HAS to be the server or something.

Over the past few weeks although guest traffic hasn't changed much we're seeing more and more active registered members.

I'll be looking to upgrade the server before the end of this month, if you do experience any slow loading it'll most likely be over the next few hours as this time of day is our busiest.

I'll post an announcement about any possible downtime that may occur. :)

i0n said:
Over the past few weeks although guest traffic hasn't changed much we're seeing more and more active registered members.

I'll be looking to upgrade the server before the end of this month, if you do experience any slow loading it'll most likely be over the next few hours as this time of day is our busiest.

Yes, slow computors may want to avoid this time of day. . .

The Afternoon american crowd and the nighttime English crowd.

i0n, when are hoping to get the new server up?

i0n said:

Yeah, the lag is when there are 250 or so viewers. There are 350 at this moment

Made a few optimisation tweaks, browsing should be quicker now during peak times.

Back