is my wiimote broken?

Wiggly

Nintendo
Nov 27, 2007
I went out and bought a second wiimote and nunchuck today. also umbrella chronicles :)

anyway, I get home and wanna test the new wiimote to make sure it works... it wont turn on. if I press the little red "sync" button on the back under the battery cover all 4 lights blink for about 15 seconds then turn off.

it is deffinately not the batteries (took bats out of working wiimote and used those with no luck). so is there something im supposed to do to make it work or did I just get a faulty one?

more than likely its a fualty one. If battereies from working one didnt work and you were sure u put bats in rigt thenhe your mote is jus malfunctioning

I went through this just the other night. The way I resolved it was by pressing the red "sync" button on the wiimote like you had, and pushing the "sync" button on the wii located under the front cover by the SD card slot

hmmmm... ill give that a shot real fast... thanks! great first post lol

EDIT

worked! wow, they should put some kind of directions on the wiimote packaging that says to do that if ti doesnt work. I had no idea that there was even a sync button on my wii

Last edited:
Mine has the same problem, but it doesnt work still, changed batterys (they work on other remote)

HELP?

Wiggly said:

EDIT

worked! wow, they should put some kind of directions on the wiimote packaging that says to do that if ti doesnt work. I had no idea that there was even a sync button on my wii

its in the manual...
but I don't blame you (that much)... nobody reads the instructions anyways (except for me cuz I'm a loser). lol

well..you need to sync every wii mote u buy to your wii system. how did you manage to get the 1st wii mote to work without pressing the red button on ur wii system? hehe..thats how all new wiimotes work, i have 4 wiimotes and u gotta sync them the same way. press the red button in the back where the batteries are on the wiimote then press the red sync button on the wii console where the SD memory slot is. and bingo there ya go.

actually the wiimote that came with the system was already synced on mine :confused:

You know where you insert the SD card in the wii?

There is a red button there too, press both the wiimote sync button and this consoles red button and they shall sync.

You guys have been lucking getting your wii remotes to reset.

I couldn't get mine to do the same so I had to send it in to Nintendo. I really hope they return it before the holidays.

Wiggly said:

EDIT

I don't mean to be rude, but this is listed in the WII INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!!!!! If you read that, you would know how to do this. It would even tell you how to make the Wiimote think it is only temporarly using this Wii (taking your Wiimote to play on your friends Wii)

Back