Similar Wiimote Problem

Jorge

Television Consultant
Feb 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
0554-7647-3242-2709
So I was totally gonna play SSX Blur, but my Wiimote will not turn on. I press the A button, the lights start blinking, then they just stop. So I change batteries. Same thing. I press the sync button on the Wii, then the Wiimote, and it blinks for about 15 seconds and then stops. I press the 2 buttons at the same time, and the same outcome happens.

The weird part is, I was at the "Press A button" screen when I first tried to sync them. It advanced me passed that screen, but no hand on the screen.

Someone said Nintendo suggested trying to "dejam" the sensor, but that didn't work either. Both Wiimotes are doing the same thing, and both were purchased seperately. The original Wiimote was sent to Nintendo before I purchased the system for similar problems.

I read similar posts, but their problems occured in the middle of gameplay.

My wiimote had the same problem then i packed it away hoping to return it but then i tried it a day later and it worked fine. Try it in a diffrent room becuase mine worked there and i dont think that has a diffrence though. But try the remote a day later or so.

Jorge said:
So I was totally gonna play SSX Blur, but my Wiimote will not turn on. I press the A button, the lights start blinking, then they just stop. So I change batteries. Same thing. I press the sync button on the Wii, then the Wiimote, and it blinks for about 15 seconds and then stops. I press the 2 buttons at the same time, and the same outcome happens.

The weird part is, I was at the "Press A button" screen when I first tried to sync them. It advanced me passed that screen, but no hand on the screen.

Someone said Nintendo suggested trying to "dejam" the sensor, but that didn't work either. Both Wiimotes are doing the same thing, and both were purchased seperately. The original Wiimote was sent to Nintendo before I purchased the system for similar problems.

I read similar posts, but their problems occured in the middle of gameplay.

dude....same thing happened to me when i got blur. I freaked out. I was like wtf happened to my controller. When i pressed something all four lights would show up. I tried syncing and taking out the batteries and putting them back in. Then finally i unplugged my wii and plugged it back in, and it finally worked. And what's more scary is that it didn't work when i tried SSX blur :scared:. Also does anyone have problems with SSX Blur? Cause the game freezes about 45 mins into the game everytime. It kinda sucks....:sick:

Well I waited about 30 min. Then unplugged my Wii to get the serial number to register it, plugged it back in, and they magically worked again.

SSX has never froze on me though.

Back