Is The Wii More Than A Successful Fad?

its a fad as theres no 3rd party support, it not our faults... if they brung out a good game that appeals to me ( e.g. nmh) ill buy it. but im not going to buy all the crap we've been giving just to boost hardware sales.

mushroomedmario said:
as for software? i really have to disagree with the brawl and mario kart statement, they're just the ones we look forward to the MOST.
I agree, there are plenty of Wii titles that im looking forward to other than SSBB and Mario Kart. It would be much the same with PS3/360, the only games that i really know about that are coming out are MGS and GTA so you could say that is all they have to look forward to as well.

I know a few Wii owners who only did buy the Wii for Wii Sports and for quite a while it was all that they owned. They all have started buying other games now though and Wii software sales show this as a regular occurance amongst Wii owners.

If 3rd parties were to really look at current sales then they would know that a Wii game costing $5million would make them more money than a PS3 game costing them $20million, if it was actually advertised properly. Problem seems to be that a lot look and see Wii Play and Carnival Games selling well so they think that all Wii owners want is mini games, then they release a duff mini game compilation which dosent sell so they go back to their stance of 'only Nintendo made games sell'. They ignore big sellers like Guitar Hero 3 because 'it sells well on anything', yet if they put some effort into a Wii game and marketed it as strongly as say Assassins Creed was, then it should be just as big a seller on the Wii. Until a 3rd party steps up with a successful AAA title on Wii though i doubt that much will change, so most 3rd parties will continue to have a lack of ambition and vision.

wezeles said:
The article is biased because he thinks that 1st party Nintendo titles wont keep them ontop compared to the exclusives 3rd partys going to the other consoles. Any Nintendo consumer can tell you 1st party Nintendo ALWAYS dominates sales!

Nintendo has enough 1st party "and will keep pushing them out as needed" to keep up with the hot selling 3rd party titles on the other consoles. You can see that flat out in sales numbers of there first party they keep right up witht he big dogs!

Could you quote that? I didn't see where he claimed 1st party wont keep Wii on top compared to 360/PS3.

No one is doubting Wii's 1st party sales. The difference is that like other consoles, their 1st party sells good, but not their 3rd parties. Also even if you compare their 1st parties to 360, they are behind in sales and don't try to push that Wii Play/Wii Sports bs because its bundled.

As for the 3rd-Parties not selling well... No one said it was Nintendo's fault. Just the fact that its not selling well hurts the Wii. It doesn't matter who's fault it is, either way it hurts it.

Also 3rd parties don't really advertise their games for 360/PS3 either. Only a few games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 actually advertised. Also the obvious sports games, wrestling, etc. Outside of AC/CoD4 those sports games have also been selling alot lower on the Wii.

But again, no matter's who fault it is, its still hurting the Wii regardless.

So far the only thing you seem to say that the article was wrong is claiming it was biased without an actual quote backing it up because I don't see it. As for the 3rd-party, you basically agreed with the article, the only difference is you explained why it doesnt sell as if the article lied about its reasons.

I never tried to claim he said anything of the sort. What I said was people keep implying that the Wii is a Fad. And his opinion I find biased because he downplays the significance of Nintendo 1st party games. The top 10 selling video game titles of all time are all Nintendo titles, Saying its a fad console because its not pushing out the same games as the other 2 consoles doesn't make it a "fad" console! It sells different style games the significance of the games are no better or worse thats all personal opinion.

Has anyone looked at the deffinition of the word FAD? If we are going by the real deffinition then every gaming console is a fad because they get quick popularity and quickly die off after a few years... Thats the life of a gaming console!

T3kNi9e said:
No one is doubting Wii's 1st party sales. The difference is that like other consoles, their 1st party sells good, but not their 3rd parties. Also even if you compare their 1st parties to 360, they are behind in sales and don't try to push that Wii Play/Wii Sports bs because its bundled.

Alright Halo 3 is beating the Wii first party title's so far world wide. Besides that 360 has nothing in the range of the 1st party sales of Nintendo. If you compbine the 1st party titles of the Wii vs. the 1st party of the 360 Wii kills the 360. We all know people go out and buy 360 just for halo the same way people go out and buy Wii for Wii sports.
Now I'm Sorry you dont agree with the sales of bundle packages being significant, but honestly its a sale they made money. On the buisness side of it they sold more and made more profit. They win period. Your own personal opinion doesn't matter when your talking about sales fuigures

Is Halo 3 better than Wii-play? Obviously not, but its still lossing to it maybe MS should have tossed in a free headset with Halo 3, but don't knock Nintendo for making a smart buisness move :lol: :lol:

T3kNi9e said:
As for the 3rd-Parties not selling well... No one said it was Nintendo's fault. Just the fact that its not selling well hurts the Wii. It doesn't matter who's fault it is, either way it hurts it.
How does it hurt it? Nintendo is pulling in more cash over the past 15 months than ANY console ever made. Ya they are hurting real bad.

T3kNi9e said:
Also 3rd parties don't really advertise their games for 360/PS3 either. Only a few games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 actually advertised. Also the obvious sports games, wrestling, etc. Outside of AC/CoD4 those sports games have also been selling alot lower on the Wii.
Are you kidding me? i see endless advertisements for just about every decent game made for both the ps3/360! how many adds also have the Wii? a few but not many and most you have to look for the small Wii suymbol if any at the bottom of the screen.

T3kNi9e said:
So far the only thing you seem to say that the article was wrong is claiming it was biased without an actual quote backing it up because I don't see it. As for the 3rd-party, you basically agreed with the article, the only difference is you explained why it doesnt sell as if the article lied about its reasons.

Leaving out the facts might as well be a lie! and the fact that #rd party isnt putting good games on the Wii is the reason why they are not selling, not because its a fad without people buying games. Get a clue

source said:
In closing, the Wii has seen fantastic sales of its console, but has been very lacking in the software department. They have what is possibly the most innovative control scheme seen since the DualShock and yet it is wildly underutilised. Apart from those two factors Nintendo find themselves in the unenviable position of being completely dependant on their own software for their continued success and have made very little effort in the online scene. Unless these issues are addressed the Wii could very well be the most successful gaming fad in recent history.

Again none of this is Nintendo's fault 3rd party just need to get off there ass and cash in on the "Fad"

Last edited:
wezeles said:
What a load of fanboy rubbish.These articles seem endless comming from PS/Xbox lovers the world over.

They continue to say the Wii is a fad as an excuse as to why the "hardcore consoles" are failing "compared to Wii". Attachment rates? sure Wii attachment rates are lower they have probbaly 80% of the casual gamers do you think they are gonna have the same buget for games as the hardcore? They are still outselling them though.

Now comparing it to the 360 is a little unfair to start, it has a year headstart over both the Wii/Ps3 so obviously people have more games for a console they have had longer.The 360 fans keep bringing up these numbers that have more to do with how long its been on the market then how well its selling. The Wii is right on 360 heals or overcomming them in just about every area except attachment rate so its the constant pointless argument. Give us 360 attachment rates at 15 months compared to the Wii at 15 months then you have an argument, not 27 Vs. 15 months thats not even debatable, its a cry for acknowledgement on 360's part!

Game sales.. awsome point lets see what WORLD WIDE game sales are, lets look at the top 5 for all 3 systems and see if this is an argument.

PS3: World Wide Game Sales
1. Motorstorm____________________2.74 million
2. Resistance: Fall of Man___________2.33 million
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare_____2.31 million
4. Assassins Creed_________________2.21 million
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_________1.28 million

Xbox 360: World Wide Game Sales
1. Halo 3_________________________7.24 million
2. Gears Of War____________________4.97 million
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare______4.69 million
4. Forza Motorsport 2________________3.95 million
5. Assassins Creed__________________3.37 million

Wii: World Wide Game Sales
1. Wii Sports______________________19.07 million
2. Wii Play_________________________9.98 million
3. Super Mario Galaxy________________5.75 million
4. Mario Party 8_____________________4.58 million
5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess_4.56 Million

So wow ya Wii is doing horribal for game sales... Or better than everyone else depends how you look at it :lol:
Based on Console Sold numbers to Games Sold numbers its tied right up with 360. While PS3 is in last place.

Now im sure alot of 360 fanboys will argue my numbers because they are not NPD numbers "United States Sales Numbers" so it makes them look bad "Lets be honest very little people support the 360 outside the USA compared to the other 2 systems", but the truth is video games are sold in more places than the USA and the worldwide numbers are what matter overall. And based on NPD and other worldwide sales numbers I pull it from the only unbiased source that I know of.

Sure Nintendo doesn't have the same 3rd party lineup that the other 2 do.
But the other 2 also don't have the 1st party support that Nintendo does, thats in black and white right in sales numbers. Does it make Wii a fad because the only ones making a good game for the console is Nintendo themself? No of course not! That just means they knew what the console could do before anyone else "obviously they built it" and made games to match the wii-mote not just tack it on to a ported game like alot of 3rd party devs did at the start.

Now we hear all the time of 3rd party support being shifted to the Wii and a whole list of games comming out for the Wii now like Star Wars,Rockband,MX vs. ATV and a promise from 3rd party that help is on the way.

Does Nintendo need help? Well at this rate obvously NO they are doing fine with games like Mario Galaxy,Zelda and games like SSBB and Mario Kart are going to sell just as well if not better.
Now with the majority of the consoles sold worldwide being from the Wii, 3rd party is gonna bring extra games to it, they need the cash of gamers, for that you follow the money "Wii". It's buisness folks these concepts of pride and exclusivity twards one console means nothing except to you! To 3rd party its just a way to make a buck and thats all it ever will be!

Is the Wii a fad? In the sence of gaming every console is a fad they only last 5 years!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fad <--- learn what a fad is!

Based on the deffinition of the word as it is to Console Gaming Hell no it's not a fad! It didn't pop on the scene shortly and quickly die out, its still going strong, with the largest next gen audience.

Will it stay in first? Probably if they keep up with the good 1st party titles, but it won't take a crazy lead agenst the other 2 without great 3rd party support.
We know its on the way thats not the question, it's if it will be good enough to compete with rival 3rd party support on the other 2 consoles.
The only way they can do that is with Wii-mote controls in place of HD graphics so 3rd party has to figure it out quick to keep us happy. If not Nintendo will keep it up they already said they switched game development from 50/50 between Wii/DS to more at Wii because after a few years of the fad of DS they now have plenty of good 3rd party support and they hope the same story will come true for Wii. Only time will tell, a fad its not, if it's history making is still to be seen. So far it has claimed the title of fastest selling game console EVER. Lets see what else they can claim later on.

All you had to say was that it is winning in sales man.

Didn't need the long post, that makes you look like a fanboy.

But yes, i agree with you completely.

Shion said:
All you had to say was that it is winning in sales man.

Didn't need the long post, that makes you look like a fanboy.

But yes, i agree with you completely.

It's a forum, the whole point is to share yor opinion, maybe if you feel like it even back it up with a little proof to make it legit.:lol: :lol:

If we arn't going to talk/debate why not just turn Wiichat into a True or False poll? :lol: :lol:

wezeles said:
I never tried to claim he said anything of the sort. What I said was people keep implying that the Wii is a Fad. And his opinion I find biased because he downplays the significance of Nintendo 1st party games. The top 10 selling video game titles of all time are all Nintendo titles, Saying its a fad console because its not pushing out the same games as the other 2 consoles doesn't make it a "fad" console! It sells different style games the significance of the games are no better or worse thats all personal opinion.

Has anyone looked at the deffinition of the word FAD? If we are going by the real deffinition then every gaming console is a fad because they get quick popularity and quickly die off after a few years... Thats the life of a gaming console!

Alright Halo 3 is beating the Wii first party title's so far world wide. Besides that 360 has nothing in the range of the 1st party sales of Nintendo. If you compbine the 1st party titles of the Wii vs. the 1st party of the 360 Wii kills the 360. We all know people go out and buy 360 just for halo the same way people go out and buy Wii for Wii sports.
Now I'm Sorry you dont agree with the sales of bundle packages being significant, but honestly its a sale they made money. On the buisness side of it they sold more and made more profit. They win period. Your own personal opinion doesn't matter when your talking about sales fuigures

Is Halo 3 better than Wii-play? Obviously not, but its still lossing to it maybe MS should have tossed in a free headset with Halo 3, but don't knock Nintendo for making a smart buisness move :lol: :lol:

How does it hurt it? Nintendo is pulling in more cash over the past 15 months than ANY console ever made. Ya they are hurting real bad.

Are you kidding me? i see endless advertisements for just about every decent game made for both the ps3/360! how many adds also have the Wii? a few but not many and most you have to look for the small Wii suymbol if any at the bottom of the screen.

Leaving out the facts might as well be a lie! and the fact that #rd party isnt putting good games on the Wii is the reason why they are not selling, not because its a fad without people buying games. Get a clue

Again none of this is Nintendo's fault 3rd party just need to get off there ass and cash in on the "Fad"

Once again you are just stating things that have already been said. Everyone knows Nintendo's first party is selling, no ****.. who doesnt know that? The article is not talking about 1st partys. 360 1st party sells and so does Nintendo, but while 360 3rd party sells the Wii is not selling 3rd parties because like the article says, Wii's demographic is mostly casual gamers who do not spend much money on games or kids who have no jobs and rely on their parents to buy games. So why are you stating what has already been said?

It hurts Wii because the only good games are Nintendo games. If this was not an issue, then why do so many Wii chat users complain about Wii's lack of 3rd party games and pleading to bring games like Bionic Commando, CoD4, and GTA4 to the Wii?

If you read the article, it never claimed that sales were low because its a fad... Infact, the article never calls Wii a fad, its a generalized question for the title of the article, YOU get a clue. Btw, I also never called it a fad and I don't think its a fad. Unless of course you look at it in your eyes then all consoles are fads.

So lets recap...

Wii's 1st party sales are fine...

Wii's 3rd party sales are crappy...

People DO CARE about 3rd party games or else you wouldnt see ppl complain about not having games like GTA4 and CoD4 on Wii...

None of this is untrue and so far you have yet to tell me why the article is biased except for you claim the article calls Wii a "fad" when that is untrue.

source said:
In closing, the Wii has seen fantastic sales of its console, but has been very lacking in the software department. They have what is possibly the most innovative control scheme seen since the DualShock and yet it is wildly underutilised. Apart from those two factors Nintendo find themselves in the unenviable position of being completely dependant on their own software for their continued success and have made very little effort in the online scene. Unless these issues are addressed the Wii could very well be the most successful gaming fad in recent history.

Now im not sure where you learned english, but if you comprehend the language at all you should understand that he is saying the Wii is a Fad, and he is saying unless they conform to the same style as the 360/PS3 that they will remain nothing more than a Fad system.Now maybe they wont be the best selling console of all time, but they don't need 3rd party to kick 360/PS3's butt, thats already been shown.

Now I'm also not sure where you learned math, but if you can comprehend numbers at all you would have seen what I have been showing with sales numbers over and over again.
Nintendo has the best selling games ever made. Not just on the Wii but for EVERY VIDEO GAME ever made Nintendo dominates the best sellers list. They DO NOT need 3rd party support, just because they don't have it doesn't magically make them a fad console.

Now Microsoft does have a couple good 1st party games aswell as Sony, but Nintendo has hmm a few hundred sucessful titles not just a handful.

Nintendo acctually had to kick themself when making the GameCube designed more at 3rd party than 1st, they only released about 10% of the Games that came out on the Gamecube as opposed to about 25% or more titles when it comes to there previous consoles.
Nintendo has tried to accept 3rd party and failed losing plenty of money trying.

Now that they are doing well, yet again, with 1st party titles and a new console every critic calls it a "fad" and claim they will fail unless they bow down to 3rd party support.

Granted we see an outcry for 3rd party support on WiiChat a forum for more dedicated gamers, but like you said most Wii owners are causual gamers. They could care less about what games make it to the system aslong as its games they like, then it will be purchased. 3rd party support will come now with these console sales, if they sell as well as Nintendo 1st party will be determind by how well the game is made and if it even comes close to a Nintendo title.

For the most part the "hardcore" will have to purchase more than one console if they want the full experience. Sucks but thats the way it works. You of anyone should know that, your always boasting about having all 3 systems every chance you get, and how it's the only way to experience everything in gaming.

But ask yourself, do we honestly want all 3 systems to be the same in the end? If that happens gaming will get so stale and stagnant that nothing about it will be fun, just the same old thing pushed out by everyone. I've seen you make the same argument when we see stupid post about mergers between the 3 major consoles.

Conformity has no place in the gaming world! Complaints about the lack of conformity come from people who know little about how gaming as a market works, or know little about buisness strategy at all.

Last edited:
If you guys are going to worry about software sales, worry about the PS3. Games sell on the Wii just fine and yes this includes 3rd parties. What good 3rd party Wii game has flopped like Lair or Stranglehold? Ubisoft made Red Steel and RRR which were million sellers. RE4Wii sold over a million, Umbrella Chronicle is almost at 1 million, and Zach and Wiki has sold over 300k. These 3 games have blown Capcom's expectations out of the water. Marvelous is celebrating that No More Heroes is on track to become Grasshopper's best selling game. Guitar Hero's first entry on a Nintendo console sold over a million copies.

Crap games sell like crap. However to say that 3rd party games don't sell on the Wii is just ignorant. Nintendo has reported an attach rate of 5 games per Wii (excluding Wii Sports) so SOMEONE's buying games. If it isn't the casual gamer then who is it?

Last edited:
I doubt people would stand out in the cold the last 2 christmas ago, just for a fad, i think the fad is the 360. Everyone talks about how great the graphics are and everything but, all they make are constant 1st-person shooters.

wezeles said:
Now im not sure where you learned english, but if you comprehend the language at all you should understand that he is saying the Wii is a Fad, and he is saying unless they conform to the same style as the 360/PS3 that they will remain nothing more than a Fad system.Now maybe they wont be the best selling console of all time, but they don't need 3rd party to kick 360/PS3's butt, thats already been shown.

That quote isn't solid enough. Thats just speculation which is exactly what the article is. The Wii IS failing in the software department. Its got low software sales. The article does not say it IS a fad, it says it COULD be a fad which is the whole point of the article... Debating whether Wii will be a fad or if it will stay strong.

"Is The Wii More Than A Successful Fad?" Thats a question not a statement

Now I'm also not sure where you learned math, but if you can comprehend numbers at all you would have seen what I have been showing with sales numbers over and over again.
Nintendo has the best selling games ever made. Not just on the Wii but for EVERY VIDEO GAME ever made Nintendo dominates the best sellers list. They DO NOT need 3rd party support, just because they don't have it doesn't magically make them a fad console.

Really? Wii has the best sold game? What game? Wii Play and Wii Sports... that bs is bundled... SMG is the highest sold Wii game, but again... the article does NOT deny that Wii sells well with 1st parties, AGAIN... stop restating the obvious. 3RD PARTY IS FAILING NOT 1ST PARTY, I DARE YOU TO DENY THAT, IF YOU DO YOU ARE BIASED... No one said it was a fad, the article is about the possibility that it COULD be a fad.

Now Microsoft does have a couple good 1st party games aswell as Sony, but Nintendo has hmm a few hundred sucessful titles not just a handful.

AGAIN, no one said Wii's 1st party was not selling, why do you keep bringing it up? The article is talking about Wii's 3RD PARTY.

Nintendo acctually had to kick themself when making the GameCube designed more at 3rd party than 1st, they only released about 10% of the Games that came out on the Gamecube as opposed to about 25% or more titles when it comes to there previous consoles.
Nintendo has tried to accept 3rd party and failed losing plenty of money trying.

You are blaming the downfall of Gamecube because they tried to get more 3rd party? No... it failed because gamecube ha inferior versions of the games. For example Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow was fine on the Gamecube, but unlike the Xbox and PS2 it lacked online. But guess what? This has nothing to do with the article.

Now that they are doing well, yet again, with 1st party titles and a new console every critic calls it a "fad" and claim they will fail unless they bow down to 3rd party support.

Again the article is not saying that, its a generalized question saying it COULD be a fad. Since you are not a psychic you don't know wtf is going to happen.

Granted we see an outcry for 3rd party support on WiiChat a forum for more dedicated gamers, but like you said most Wii owners are causual gamers. They could care less about what games make it to the system aslong as its games they like, then it will be purchased. 3rd party support will come now with these console sales, if they sell as well as Nintendo 1st party will be determind by how well the game is made and if it even comes close to a Nintendo title.

Really? You can see into the future? So you KNOW for a fact that 3rd party games will come just because hardware sales are up? So far Wii has the lowest amount of 3rd party game announcements from the 3 consoles... I guess so far you are wrong.

For the most part the "hardcore" will have to purchase more than one console if they want the full experience. Sucks but thats the way it works. You of anyone should know that, your always boasting about having all 3 systems every chance you get, and how it's the only way to experience everything in gaming.

When it comes to Nintendo yes... They seem to always be behind and im not talking about graphics... Im talking games and console features. But do you think all Wii owners have the money to buy other consoles? ALOT of people bought the Wii because of its price. Also some people want the games on Wii not other consoles, but I guess Nintendo should just give them a big "fuc you"?

But ask yourself, do we honestly want all 3 systems to be the same in the end? If that happens gaming will get so stale and stagnant that nothing about it will be fun, just the same old thing pushed out by everyone. I've seen you make the same argument when we see stupid post about mergers between the 3 major consoles.

When it comes to 3rd party games, I don't care if its on all consoles. The consoles will always be different. But this is about 3rd party games not the console as a whole

Conformity has no place in the gaming world! Complaints about the lack of conformity come from people who know little about how gaming as a market works, or know little about buisness strategy at all.

Nintendo doesn't need to conform, they just need better 3rd party games. It doesn't matter if YOU don't care about them but alot of people do.

Seems like the whole 2nd half you started talking about other stuff

Don't worry guys, nintendo is just gearing up for better third party games.

Sooner of later, they will say: "The HELL with Chicken Little, WE BRING OUT NO MORE HEROES 2!!! SHOOP DA WHOOP!!!!!!!"

The biggest guns are saved til last.

source said:
Unless these issues are addressed the Wii could very well be the most successful gaming fad in recent history.

Eaither your ignoring it because you agree with it, or because you just don't want to admit the biased view of the article because you share the same view. He pretty much says if they don't change to be like the others they risk staying a fad.

T3kNi9e said:
That quote isn't solid enough. Thats just speculation which is exactly what the article is. The Wii IS failing in the software department. Its got low software sales. The article does not say it IS a fad, it says it COULD be a fad which is the whole point of the article... Debating whether Wii will be a fad or if it will stay strong.

Again I have shown you the Sales numbers, Nintendo is beating out everyone else, and even though you don't agree with them because of your own personal view of bundles in the end its still your opinion and means nothing. It sells no matter how good or bad you think it is or what excuse you give for it, it sells, and better than the rest.

T3kNi9e said:
Really? Wii has the best sold game? What game? Wii Play and Wii Sports... that bs is bundled... SMG is the highest sold Wii game, but again... the article does NOT deny that Wii sells well with 1st parties, AGAIN... stop restating the obvious. 3RD PARTY IS FAILING NOT 1ST PARTY, I DARE YOU TO DENY THAT, IF YOU DO YOU ARE BIASED... No one said it was a fad, the article is about the possibility that it COULD be a fad.

I don't know how many times i have to say it but my point is they don't need 3rd party to stay ontop, claiming it could become just a fad without it is a joke. The ONLY title beating the bundle titles that you don't count in your own opinion is Halo 3, beyond that SMG and Zelda at right up with Gears of War and COD4.
You act as if they are out for the count when it comes to game sales just because they get it done with 1st party instead of a mixture of 1st and 3rd party in the end making way more profit than the other 2 consoles because they can do it with soley 1st party.

Now besides for your own personal view of sales "which means little" Nintendo is beating both the 360/PS3 thats even if you take away all the Wii sports that are bundled.. I'll give you that one just to be fair. But I'll stick with my own buisness minded view, and the fact is it's not Nintendo's fault that Wii-play beat every other game so far this gen in sales. Just being a bundle with a wii-mote and a casual mini game setup. It's impressive acctually and just shows how smart Nintendo is when it comes to the buisness side of gaming. In the end i stick with sales numbers not opinion of the game or how it was marketed.

T3kNi9e said:
You are blaming the downfall of Gamecube because they tried to get more 3rd party? No... it failed because gamecube ha inferior versions of the games. For example Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow was fine on the Gamecube, but unlike the Xbox and PS2 it lacked online. But guess what? This has nothing to do with the article.

And who's fault is it that it lacked online? Gamecube has the capability, as you yourself just pointed out. It's a great example that 3rd party didn't invest in gamecube making it online even though it would have taken very little to do so.
It has everything to do with the article, why should Nintendo care about supporting 3rd party when they have not been supported by 3rd party in return? Atleast not nearly as well as the other consoles have for the last 15 years?

T3kNi9e said:
When it comes to Nintendo yes... They seem to always be behind and im not talking about graphics... Im talking games and console features. But do you think all Wii owners have the money to buy other consoles? ALOT of people bought the Wii because of its price. Also some people want the games on Wii not other consoles, but I guess Nintendo should just give them a big "fuc you"?

Do onto others for this one. You get what you give, now granted Nintendo hasn't had the same popular exclusive 3rd party titles that others have had but thats not by choice thats all the 3rd partys call.
Now that the tides have changed the other direction why should they hold out a helping hand when all they have gotten is left overs at best? Granted 3rd party will come if Nintendo wants it to or not, but I can personally see why they wouldn't help 3rd party out in the process. Would you?

T3kNi9e said:
Nintendo doesn't need to conform, they just need better 3rd party games. It doesn't matter if YOU don't care about them but alot of people do.

You don't realize how dependant Sony/MS are on 3rd party titles, making them for all 3 consoles would end up hurting MS/Sony more and helping Nintendo to much. Thats why so many 3rd party titles get bought up for exclusive rights by Sony or MS they want the 3rd party cash because its almost all they get for profits. Nintendo never even enters bidding for it.
With MS/Sony although they have some good 1st party titles, it isnt enough to keep them in buisness the way it does for Nintendo with the endless list of 1st party titles. This is probably why MS/Sony get such good support aswell because they give 3rd party constant buisness, whereas Nintendo just gets a small boost from them.

Besides all the buisness and money tradding hands over the years Nintendo can't make 3rd party push out good games, thats all up to 3rd party if they want the same sales numbers as Nintendo they are going to have to invest alot of time,effort, and money into making it specifically for the Wii. Unless Nintendo want's to pay for exclusive rights for a good 3rd party game.

But again Nintendo 1st party titles have the Best selling video game titles of all time, thats not my opinion thats just straight out fact! On the top ten list of best selling games, everyone of them is published by Nintendo. Its kinda hard to beat out the Champ at what they do best.

Hoping and dreaming for things to change isn't going to make them change, the gaming industry has worked in specific ways for many years. Anyone who has a clue about how it works knows your not going to get the top 3rd party titles on Nintendo consoles atleast not at will.
If you wanted 3rd party titles you should have researched before you bought a console not just picked up the cheepest one.

Although with the sales figures 3rd party would be stupid not to support it better, I still don't think your gonna see the same kinda support you see on Sony/MS where they rely on 3rd party. It would honestly be unnessasary and would only hurt the other two consoles sales and risk making a monopoly in the gaming industry in its aftermath.

It's probably gonna be split in the end with very few multi platform games. Your gonna have Wii and 3rd party dedicated to Wii, then your gonna have Sony/MS with a couple 1st and 2nd party but mostly fighting for exclusive rights to 3rd party titles paying crazy amounts, and probably sharing the majority of the B rated and lower games.
I'm not sure if both of them can continue to survive if they dont start to change from eachother atleast a little, right now neaither of them are even really competing agenst the Wii, it's in another world all together in terms of sales numbers and game types in its time frame.

Last edited:
Back