Japanese Modded Wii & SSBB

Celeste said:
Sure, sorry I didn't before, the site was down for maintenance.
EDIT: Still down. This is probably a good sign, there's probably an easier/faster way coming. The way I was talking about before involved pulling the plug on your Wii 15% into an update, etc.
Just update it to 100%, all you get is 2 Japanese channels. That's what I did and it worked fine with no problems. When you get the US version working just backup your saves and reformat your Wii.

The scene is down because too many noobs spamming 'why isn't brawl working?'

Hi I am also experiencing the same problem as well, and Celeste can you also PM me with the instructions?

Btw when do you suppose the Wiikey team will come out with the new updates?
and how do you update your wiikey? sorry the guy who sold it to me was speaking in a dialect that i did not quite understand.

Evi1d33d said:
Most likely unless it's an open source chip which could have few difference firmwares.

hey evi1d33d
here are some pictures of my wii. hopefully you'll be able to tell what kind of modchip i have based on these pictures. it took me awhile opening up the wii and yet, i'm a first year electrical engineer..thanks a bunch

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

First you gotta pull the drive out first. The chip is actually under the drive. Unscrew the 4 screws on the drive that attaches the drive to the wii and then slowly flip it over. There will be 2 ribbon (or w/e you call them) cables attach to the under side of the drive. The one with a lot of wires is the power and you just pull it off. The thin paper looking one is for data can you need to flip the 'lever' on the base of the cable to undock it. You should see a chip that is solder on the drive that doesn't look it should belong there. Take a pic of that.

Back