Japanese Wii Vs American Wii: Which one should I buy?

AssassinR

WiiChat Member
Mar 24, 2008
I am considering buying a Wii, but I do not know if I should get a Japanese one or a American one. Buying either one, or using either one is not a problem for me. My issue is that I want to play both American and Japanese games on my Wii. I understand there are mod chips and loader disks out there, but what is the best route? If it is not possible to play both regions on one system, I think I will just get the Japanese one.

Also, I read something about Japanese Wii's not playing on certain American Tv's, is this true?

You should really just get an American Wii, Japan gets things earlier than us in North America for the most part, but theres no need to buy a Japanese Wii. Unless you live in Japan, but if not then just get an American one.

buy the american wii...that would be the best decission.

Well with a Japanese Wii, people will probably charge you loads on shipping... and they'll be a lot more expensive in general.

Just go American.

CocoSSBB said:
Well with a Japanese Wii, people will probably charge you loads on shipping... and they'll be a lot more expensive in general.

Just go American.

fo goodness sakes JAPAN FTW

Assuming you don't live in Japan, you're much better off with an American Wii.

If money isn't an issue, I guess you can go with a Japanese Wii.

american + american wii= good

american + japan wii = not good

get it?

zeon9881 said:
most things in america are from china so yea...

But I can understand T-shirts and tables.

Japanese Wii= Not made for Americans
American Wii= Made for Americans

why not get a wii from the uk, games come out like at least 3 months after everyone else's and they cost more, so i say thats the best way to go.:crazy:

give more detail ffs, we need to no were u live and why you consider going for each wii

disturbed said:
Why would an american buy a japenese wii? Thats just the most pointless thing I have ever heard of.

i bought one before the wii came out in U.S on ebay. im i the only person that wanted the wii THAT badly?

Money is not an issue. I can get friends to mail me Japanese wii games and a wii from Japan. Also, I am going to Japan for a while this year, but when i return to the US I want to still play both Japanese and English games.

Also, no one has answered my tv question.

I guess my real question is if mod chips are universal, in that if you put a american mod chip in a japanese wii, will it function the same way by unlocking it from being regional.

Back