Just Got Back "Black Friday"

A lucky morning. :)

I got extremely lucky today.

The first place I went to was Target because they were supposed to get 60 Wii's. I got there at 5:40 (opens at 6) and there was a line of about 300 waiting to get in the store. I'm pretty doubtful at this point but I figure why not try to get in and see.. I ran to the electronics department and sure enough, they sold out in like 3 minutes.

So hope is pretty much lost at this point. Then I remember my local gamestop.. the guy there said they might get a few on Friday. But I run to another Target along the way and they're sold out as well. I finally get to this Gamestop ten to 7 (they open at 7) thinking there will be some type of line. I sure was wrong! There were TWO people in line, one only waiting for a PS3. By 7, there's a line of about ten people.

The lady finally let us in at 7 and we all rushed to the counter. And this lady was oblivious as to why we were there... the first dude in line asked if they had any PS3's in stock. And the lady said "I don't know if we have ANY new consoles in, I'll have to check the back." We were completely dumbfounded! It's like, WHY WOULDN'T YOU KNOW THAT? The guy behind me cracked a joke saying "What are we here for? The Gamecube?". lol She came out with two PS3's (the $500 version). Then I ask and the first guy in line asks if there are any Wii's. She said there are some. :D

The first guy in line ended up buying a PS3 AND a Wii. :eek:ut:
The second guy bought a PS3 and I bought the second Wii. :)

So there is my lucky morning right there. I was not expecting to get a Wii at all.. Hope was pretty much lost at Target.

2 of my friends and I went to Walmart at 2:45 for a 5am opening. We were hopeful because Walmart was the the biggest and most likely store to have one today, because we don't have a Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, or EB/Gamestop anywhere near here.

We got there about 10th in line. We're not small guys, so we thought there was no way anyone was going to get past us. Well, about 4:45-4:50 a ton of people started pulling up into the parking lot and heading towards the exit doors. People started getting *pissssed* because the line was probably 300 people deep already. Unfortunately, Walmart didn't help when they decided to open the exit doors FIRST! My boys and I were still the first to electronics (it involved a lot of running and jumping past people Reggie Bush-style ;D), but they got nothing! :/

I'm still a little upset that the staff didn't do anything about the people not getting in line, but I'm not sure they could've done much anyways, as at least 85% of the people in line pretended not to know English (most were Hispanic) when people were telling them to get in line.

Overall, it was still fun because I've never had the chance to run like that with such madness in a Walmart. :)

this is why you wait in line overnight to get the system. you'll know better next gen.

in the meantime, im playing the crap out of my Wii ;)

I was quite lucky this morning. I woke up around 4:50 and decided to take a ride over to Gamestop. I drove by and only saw a few people so I parked and got on line around 5:10. An hour later the Gamestop guy came and started counting us off, got to 9 and told the rest of the people (about 3 people) he only had 9. I was number 5. Lucky me. Needless to say by 6:59 about 15 more people had shown up and nobody really bothered to tell them they weren't getting one.

:lol: Wow, this thread took a turn for the best! Glad to hear that Black Friday was lucky for a bunch of you... for the unlucky peeps, keep at it, you should have one soon.

I went to Ebgames at 7 and they have 5 wiis. However, they sold out very quick but they still have some PS3 20GB. Therefore, I go for the PS3.

I hope I will get the wii before xmas.

I have a friend who is working at an EBGames just for the holidays so he can get a discount on the games be buys and he informed me that the store he works was going to have 6 Wii's for today. When I got to the store this morning at 4:20 there was already one guy there and two of my firends. By 5:45 there was at least 10 people in line and 6:45 there had to be 30-40 people. My friend who works there told everyone there wasn't enough consoles, but they didn't believe him. I got my Wii, Zelda and a $24 2GB SD card from Office Max. I guess i was pretty lucky compaired to everyone else here on the forum.

It was pretty funny to see the big stream of people comming out of the store emty handed. I kind of wanted to say he told you , but you wouldn't listen.

ABC said:
:lol: Wow, this thread took a turn for the best! Glad to hear that Black Friday was lucky for a bunch of you... for the unlucky peeps, keep at it, you should have one soon.

I still haven't got one but I'm gonna check at Wal-Mart tonight at 6 and then at 10 or so to see if they got a shipment in (last time I was there it was around 2 and they got about 3 PS3s in). But, if I don't find any there I'm pretty optimistic I'll find one at a local game store around my area. So I'll let everyone know if I get it tonight or tomorrow, more than likely tomorrow.

Well I guess I was wrong about no Wiis at EB games. Today at around 9:30am I went to EB and they had one Wii left and a classic controller. Of course I bought them both. I now have 3 Wii's lol.

Lethal said:
Well I guess I was wrong about no Wiis at EB games. Today at around 9:30am I went to EB and they had one Wii left and a classic controller. Of course I bought them both. I now have 3 Wii's lol.

Jeeze how the hell at 9:30 are they not sold out?

Lethal said:

Just curious, but since they aren't making pretty much anything on eBay, what the hell are you going to do with 3 Wii's?

Sillyhat said:
Jeeze how the hell at 9:30 are they not sold out?

I was wondering the same thing! Every store I've been to or heard of has sold out in minutes. You sure got lucky. :p The wii seems to be doing very well though. :)

I have a Wii in my bedroom, one in my basement and the one I bought today will be for my son on christmas.

Also I was very shocked to see they had one. TUrns out I showed up about 30mins after UPS delivered their Wiis.

Lethal said:
I have a Wii in my bedroom, one in my basement and the one I bought today will be for my son on christmas.

Also I was very shocked to see they had one. TUrns out I showed up about 30mins after UPS delivered their Wiis.

So your keeping all three!? That is pretty damn cool. :lol:

Lethal said:

Having camped out without luck, I'm happy to hear that you're actually going to put the Wii's to personal use. :)

Back