Leaving wii on

Thizzlefry

Grape Side Gritta
Jan 2, 2007
707 you beezy
Wii Online Code
0279-8771-6180-3444
Sometimes I leave my Wii on the channels screen for short periods of time while I'm doing other stuff. Is this bad for the Wii at all? Sorry if this has already been posted or if this is the wrong forum to post this question in. Thank You.

It's not bad for the Wii to leave it on. After all, you have to have it on to play games and they don't give you some sort of time limit.

Just make sure that your system has lots of free space so that it can 'breathe' and not over heat.

Prez said:
Make sure to put on the Screen burn-in reduction in the settings

Just out of interest (and coz I can't be bothered trying - lazy eh?) what does the screen burn-in reduction mode do ??

I'm guessing some sort of screen saver or something.

Goots said:
Just out of interest (and coz I can't be bothered trying - lazy eh?) what does the screen burn-in reduction mode do ??

I'm guessing some sort of screen saver or something.
In a sense, yes.
If the same image is displayed for too long on a tv, it will actually damage the screen.
Screen burn in reduction make the screen fade into grey after 5 minutes of inactivity to prevent burn-in.
Most newer tvs do have burn-in reduction built in though.

Dacorkhill said:
add mii to your wii if you wish. Dan
This is not the place for that.
I see you are new, so welcome. Please post all friend code chat in the friend code sticky, loacated
Here

Back