Limewire Help

Method of Rhythm

I Got Mad Hax!
Dec 18, 2006
Long Island, NY
Under my schools proxy network I am unable to access the file share network for Limewire.

A while back I remember someone saying using Sysco's VPN program? But I completely do not understand that or, if thats even the correct solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Why do you need to use limewire at school?

yeah exactly... woo music at school wow the school has probably blocked every fileshareing program and cool website so dont bother use it at home nd get your own computer taken away by the RIAA

Just burn a disc with all your songs on. Even better, bring a USB dongle with your mp3s on.

Solution: Download the music you want at home and listen to it on your cd/mp3 player at school because I doubt you'll be able to get limewire running at school. Also I doubt you can download/install programs on school computers.

It would be really hard to get limewire to work at school, for a start, most schools would probably block java apps, then they would block all non-essential ports so it can't connect, and they would probably have limewire specifically blocked anyway... you might be able to get it to work through a VPN but chances are, they have that blocked too.

Syntax said:
Solution: Download the music you want at home and listen to it on your cd/mp3 player at school because I doubt you'll be able to get limewire running at school. Also I doubt you can download/install programs on school computers.

What you doubt and what actually is are two different things.
I can download whatever the hell I want on my computer, I am looking at the Limewire startup screen as we speak. It is a matter of getting past the network blocks, not installing the program onto my computer.

I know there is a solution, I don't know how to do it.

Wow your school lets you install stuff? Cool lol..

It would be pretty hard getting past the network blocks... how does your school connect to the internet? Do you get a username and password to connect to it? Does it go through a proxy server?

get over it dood. why would they let you download limewire, so in addition to limewire you can download a whole **** load of viruses and spyware too. yeah im sure you schools a' ok with that.

Lobstermobster said:
get over it dood. why would they let you download limewire, so in addition to limewire you can download a whole **** load of viruses and spyware too. yeah im sure you schools a' ok with that.

Limewire is already on my computer...

Alright time to look for help elsewhere :rolleyes:

LimeWire is the worst file sharing network evar.

It's full of viruses and trojans. I use Soul Seek and it doesn't suck ass like Limewire.

Torrents are better (utorrent is a good program)
Limewire is full of virusies and is slowly being wiped out

Edit :
Schools wont want you using a downloading program becuase of copyright stuff (you might be downloading the newest film)
but you are downloading MP3s and most of them are copyrighted

Last edited:
Back