List of Compatible routers

We got on with the DI-524 it was a range issue and when I moved it connected but it still loses the signal so I need to get better range some how.
Thanks for the help.
Fletch

Here's a list of routers that will NOT work incase anyone was planning on buying them:

Belkin:
F5D6231-4 vers. 1000
F5D7230-4 vers. 4000
F5D7231-4 vers. 1102

source:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...compatible.jsp

This is crap - I have a 7231 Belkin and total set up time including chucking a WEP code into the Wii us well under 5 minutes............out of interest I also took the Wii to my sister's, she has the older 6231 - same thing, works fine - no firmware updates needed, she doesn't use security but rather opts for MAC filtering - just threw the Wii's MAC addy at it and away it went........

There's no reason why any wireless router can't be made to work with the Wii, I think people just don't understand how they work, what functionality they have and how to change the settings on them..........

bump, i just feel like this thread has a real nice layout compared to the other one and i'm always updateing

WiFi Max for nintendo DS works fine on my wii.
(dont know if its a router tho)

Samster said:
This is crap - I have a 7231 Belkin and total set up time including chucking a WEP code into the Wii us well under 5 minutes............out of interest I also took the Wii to my sister's, she has the older 6231 - same thing, works fine - no firmware updates needed, she doesn't use security but rather opts for MAC filtering - just threw the Wii's MAC addy at it and away it went........

There's no reason why any wireless router can't be made to work with the Wii, I think people just don't understand how they work, what functionality they have and how to change the settings on them..........

Well, I also have a 7231 Belkin, and I would appreciate it if you could tell me how you got it to work, as I have tried everything imaginable and still keep getting error 51330. And, before you tell me I don't understand how they work, realise that I have been gaming online for the last 8 years, and have only ever had this problem with Nintendo WFC. My DS, X360, and Vaio all connect to the router perfectly. Guest laptops connect first time. The Wii doesn't. What magical thing did you do to get it to work?

Yes i use 2wire its a wireless dsl router here is a pic:

2wire.jpg

and the website is: http://www.2wire.com/ :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Router: Linksys WRT300N

100% sucess connecting Wii to my Linksys WRT300N firmware v0.97
Using WAP and MAC address filtering along with unbroadcast SSID

100% sucess connecting two of my Nintendo DS to my Linksys WRT300N

100% sucess connecting two of my Nintendo DS Lite to my Linksys WRT300N

and yes, 100% sucess connecting all 3 of my PSP's to my Linksys WRT300N

love the Wii

Last edited:
erm. Not to double post, but is that router going to work with the wii ^

So what exactly is the general consensus on which wireless router works the best? I'm looking for one and I want one that will create a good connection with my Wii of course and make downloads happen in a decent amount of time.

I use a Linksys WRT54GS. It offers "speedbooster" which my laptop supports. Anyway, it's not in the list, but it does work perfect with the Wii. I even had WPA-PSK enabled.

Back