Low Ps3 Sales Spell Trouble for Game Makers? Some thing so...

dedpoet777 said:
actually, i dont have a problem with you dude. when i wrote that you werent even in mind. i was thinking about hmmm wii&ps3, lethal, those that have personally called me out and ran their jaws at me via fingers. but if you want me to refer to you keep posting what your posting. im sorry you got a ps3 and want to defend it dude. i am. but as i said sony did this, not me.

as far as nintendo making profit theyre making 90 dollars per console. soon they will drop the price to 200. then theyll be making 42 dollars. does nintendo have even close to the sales of sony in consoles counting the ps2? the answer is no they dont.
does nintendo make tvs. computers, dvd players, surround systems, music players, computer peripherals, discs, monitors, car audio equipment, or anything close to what they do? nope... sony has enough damn money bro. dont forget the reason ps1 even existed. it is because atari started it, screwed up, and nintendo carried the flag. they deserve to make money. sony barged in to begin with into the video game world. they probably had no business there, but they made their mark, much like microsoft did. but the ps3 is only making a brown mark. the great giant has, at least this far, failed in this next gen battle. and they failed to the wit of nintendo.

the ps3 is all about greed and im sorry you added to their poor numbers with your buy from them. but please dude, must you hassle me about it?

ps still waiting on the positive articles that are so abundant that you spoke of. i really want to see them. my mind is always open to change.
i read 2 bits
A: ps3 is not about greed if you think about it, but if you want to say it like that then every company is because they exist for 1 reason; money
B: i dont own a ps3, nor would i ever buy one, and its my least favorite out of the 3

Sovieto said:
i read 2 bits
A: ps3 is not about greed if you think about it, but if you want to say it like that then every company is because they exist for 1 reason; money
B: i dont own a ps3, nor would i ever buy one, and its my least favorite out of the 3

no youre right dude. the whole world runs on money, i could not argue about that and wouldnt even try. but sony's actions have been absolutely insane so far. they went that big for one reason and one reason only, dominance. nintendo couldve done more with graphics but they kept it simple, cheap, with the consumer in mind, whos sony have in mind?

and im sorry. i though i read one post of you saying you had one. i apologize for that. i was incorrect. however, i have to ask, if its your least favorite, why are we having this conversation?

dedpoet777 said:
no youre right dude. the whole world runs on money, i could not argue about that and wouldnt even try. but sony's actions have been absolutely insane so far. they went that big for one reason and one reason only, dominance. nintendo couldve done more with graphics but they kept it simple, cheap, with the consumer in mind, whos sony have in mind?

and im sorry. i though i read one post of you saying you had one. i apologize for that. i was incorrect. however, i have to ask, if its your least favorite, why are we having this conversation?
cause i dont like seeing this ps3 forum get nothing but negative feedback and the center of all for ripping on the ps3 (+ debating and the feeling of totally owning a newbs "Reasons why ps3 sucks" article is just one that cant be beaten"

This all means little for now. If Microsoft lowers the 360 price by $100 and Nintendo lowers their system price by $100 next year that would leave Sony in serious trouble. Howard Stringer just said they can't lower the system price for at least 4 years. What could crush Sony is their inability to lower the system price ever after 3 years.

2009 System Price Estimates
$150 Wii First Estimated Price Drop 2008
$200(no Hard Drive)-$300 360 Estimated Price Drop 2007
$500-$600 PS3 Estimated Price Drop 2010

Last edited:
sagema said:
This all means little for now. If Microsoft lowers the 360 price by $100 and Nintendo lowers their system price by $100 next year that would leave Sony in serious trouble. Howard Stringer just said they can't lower the system price for at least 4 years. What could crush Sony is their inability to lower the system price ever after 3 years.

2009 System Price Estimates
$150 Wii
$200(w/o Hard Drive)-$300 Xbox
$500-$600 PS3
those estimates arent taking into consideration that the 360 has been out for a year i believe, but then again since wii is making a profit i guess they do have more a margin to lower the price

Microsoft still hasn't confirmed the 360 price drop rumors. But Nintendo and Sony have confirmed theirs for now.

What will hurt Sony the most is being dead last(by years) in dropping their console price.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
cause i dont like seeing this ps3 forum get nothing but negative feedback and the center of all for ripping on the ps3 (+ debating and the feeling of totally owning a newbs "Reasons why ps3 sucks" article is just one that cant be beaten"

i totally understand where youre coming from, i really do. but all i can say is what ive already said before, they did it to themselves. i would wish nothing more than for their console to be doing excellent. but they screwed up. would you feel sorry for the guy who does something absolutely dumb to go to jail? and then protect him when people rip on him? may be a bad example, but its all i got to say they did it. i dont know what else to tell you dude.

edit---- i hate microsoft too if that makes you feel any better. i just didnt start hating sony till 2 months ago. ive hated microsoft for years. but i still use windows..because i pretty much have no choice as far as compatibility..wont buy an xbox though.

Last edited:
dedpoet777 said:
i totally understand where youre coming from, i really do. but all i can say is what ive already said before, they did it to themselves. i would wish nothing more than for their console to be doing excellent. but they screwed up. would you feel sorry for the guy who does something absolutely dumb to go to jail? and then protect him when people rip on him? may be a bad example, but its all i got to say they did it. i dont know what else to tell you dude.

edit---- i hate microsoft too if that makes you feel any better. i just didnt start hating sony till 2 months ago. ive hated microsoft for years. but i still use windows..because i pretty much have no choice as far as compatibility..wont buy an xbox though.
that example is kinda on a different level but i really only defend it for amusement and to protect these forum(s) (ex: im not over on the ps3chat defending ps3 because i could care less about ps3)
and now with this mask i portray, defending systems, then saying i dont like them, well i do believe that last comment was directed towards me...i dont hate M$ i have a xbox360 and its my favorite of the 3, i sold my wii =]

Sovieto said:
that example is kinda on a different level but i really only defend it for amusement and to protect these forum(s) (ex: im not over on the ps3chat defending ps3 because i could care less about ps3)
and now with this mask i portray, defending systems, then saying i dont like them, well i do believe that last comment was directed towards me...i dont hate M$ i have a xbox360 and its my favorite of the 3, i sold my wii =]

cool man whatever keeps your boat afloat dude. defend it for fun, fine with me. anyway, as far as the gaming industry, though i think microsoft has as much business in it as a pedophile in a classroom,but before id buy the ps3 id buy the xbox. but in reality i wont buy either right now.

i hate ms because for the richest company in the world, gaming aside, i think they put out garbage, as in windows. the richest company in the world should be putting out absolute quality stuff. there are things, plenty of them, being added in vista that the mac os has had for years. they put the zune out to try to combat apple there, put the xbox out to get into the gaming industry. they got their nose everywhere except where it needs to be, which is making a good os. xp was the best by far, and i dont know what you know about macs, but look it up, vista is a flat out rip off. they have yet to be creative except on a few minor details.
so...that is why i hate them. they dont put out quality and they do very few things original. imho, of course.

dedpoet777 said:
cool man whatever keeps your boat afloat dude. defend it for fun, fine with me. anyway, as far as the gaming industry, though i think microsoft has as much business in it as a pedophile in a classroom,but before id buy the ps3 id buy the xbox. but in reality i wont buy either right now.

i hate ms because for the richest company in the world, gaming aside, i think they put out garbage, as in windows. the richest company in the world should be putting out absolute quality stuff. there are things, plenty of them, being added in vista that the mac os has had for years. they put the zune out to try to combat apple there, put the xbox out to get into the gaming industry. they got their nose everywhere except where it needs to be, which is making a good os. xp was the best by far, and i dont know what you know about macs, but look it up, vista is a flat out rip off. they have yet to be creative except on a few minor details.
so...that is why i hate them. they dont put out quality and they do very few things original. imho, of course.

i agree with you on all that but i just love windows XP and how the 360 is set up as an all-purpose entertainment system with great games backing it up (+ a lot of my friends have one and got me new friends that i would have never became real friends with beforE (jocks))

Sovieto said:
i agree with you on all that but i just love windows XP and how the 360 is set up as an all-purpose entertainment system with great games backing it up (+ a lot of my friends have one and got me new friends that i would have never became real friends with beforE (jocks))

oh it is. i totally agree with you. and i will admit, THE ONLY REASON, i dont like the xbox, is cause i dont like ms. but yes, i love xp, only cause of compatibility and its cheaper than running the mac os. i love macs too though.
the xbox has some really really sweet features. and once they got the initial few bugs worked out, their console has been really good. there werent even that many bugs on it to begin with, and they rushed it bigtime. sony took their time and still messed up waaay worse. i think eventually i will come around to buying a 360. i must say it is looking tempting. however, part of me still wants to hold out to see what sony does. but i will only stay on hold for a limited time. some games, though, im really going to miss.

dedpoet777 said:
oh it is. i totally agree with you. and i will admit, THE ONLY REASON, i dont like the xbox, is cause i dont like ms. but yes, i love xp, only cause of compatibility and its cheaper than running the mac os. i love macs too though.
the xbox has some really really sweet features. and once they got the initial few bugs worked out, their console has been really good. there werent even that many bugs on it to begin with, and they rushed it bigtime. sony took their time and still messed up waaay worse. i think eventually i will come around to buying a 360. i must say it is looking tempting. however, part of me still wants to hold out to see what sony does. but i will only stay on hold for a limited time. some games, though, im really going to miss.
once i get my hdtv im going to get to take advantage of renting hd movies off my 360, im pyched for that =] yah 360 had a bigger than normal defective rate with launch but those numbers quickly reduced once they got the major bugs out, now their just bugs where like you get an update and your 360 crashes which even the wii did too
hmm
gears of war
dead rising
crackdown
saints row
bioshock
mass effect
360 is where the devs are at =] well atleast now..and their all second generation games :cornut:

I still am not liking Sony! They're holding my favorite games above where I can reach them, no matter how high I jump I can't play them! If they improve, they'll
get better feedback except from Fanboys and they don't count, anyway yeah I loved my PS2! I LOVED IT!!!!!!! NOW ITS IN MY GOD DAMNED BASEMENT!!! Sony is killin' me here!

Sovieto said:
once i get my hdtv im going to get to take advantage of renting hd movies off my 360, im pyched for that =] yah 360 had a bigger than normal defective rate with launch but those numbers quickly reduced once they got the major bugs out, now their just bugs where like you get an update and your 360 crashes which even the wii did too
hmm
gears of war
dead rising
crackdown
saints row
bioshock
mass effect
360 is where the devs are at =] well atleast now..and their all second generation games :cornut:

oh yeah some great games for sure. and yep i heard about that update crash the wii had on some consoles. im definitely glad i got a good one.
im really stoked for assassins creed also, and glad it is on both 360 and ps3. that game looks amazing. plus i am an old socom 1,2,3 junkie. i will really miss that. if youda told me i would have felt like i do now even 2 months ago, i would have been shocked. especially since i have even considered getting an xbox. ha. they are looking seriously tempting.

Monsteroids said:
I still am not liking Sony! They're holding my favorite games above where I can reach them, no matter how high I jump I can't play them! If they improve, they'll
get better feedback except from Fanboys and they don't count, anyway yeah I loved my PS2! I LOVED IT!!!!!!! NOW ITS IN MY GOD DAMNED BASEMENT!!! Sony is killin' me here!
same situation with wii? yah
the systems have been out a matter of months

Back