Mario And Sonic at the olympics? are we Interested?

i wouldn't mind renting it and playing it to try it out.
but even renting games has become pretty expensive.

but from what i've seen it hasn't gotten that good of ratings.

well GI gave it a 4. lawl i hope they dont make this into a series, u know, one every 4 years, unless the next one is improved. (ps, i havent played it. im going off of GI's review)

I rented it and liked it, and I just got it for my birthday. It's a great game for having friends over.

I think it's cool .

I've got this game and I think it's wicked!!!!

There are lots of characters and loads of different events to choose from and not just track events either. It's a pretty energetic game so you have to be fit I reckon to play. If you have your mates over it's well fun to play.:p

Worst game I own.

Now you're talking to the typical argumentative type here, but seriously, trust me on this one, don't even waste your money renting it. There's nothing to the game, for one, there isn't even that many events and the whole thing seems babyish, even though there's just useless add on controls when it would be more effective using the simpler methods. It just tried, and failed.

I went out and got it on release date simple because I had money and I thought it would match up to Athens 2994 for the PS2. Oh God, I played a game on the PS2 and actually liked it, heck, it was freaking awesome, this game is nothing compared to it. It's breaking sweat for no apparent reason, you'll play for about five minutes and then get tired of it.

Another thing, the character statistics annoy me when they're so not obviously correct, Yoshi has a speed almost equal to Sonic and Shadow, and Peach isn't really that far behind. Bowser doesn't even pwn anything, Peach is the best for nearly any event, and that's not how it should go at all. Most of the characters fail, I would just stick to using Peach if you want a chance at circuit.

There's not much difficulty to the game, it just depends on how fast you can move your arms... Oh the innuendo... But, really, speed locks after a couple of seconds and you're stuck at that stage, so it's not like you even have to multitask with it, it tells you all step by step, a lot of boring steps, by the way. Let me sum it up, for nearly all the events you have to run by alternating the remote and the nunchuk and then press A or B for a jump.

Multiplayer is quite crap, high jump doesn't carry on forever, which really pisses me off, it doesn't match the Olympics at all. The only event I really enjoy is skeet shooting and that can get quite boring after a while.

Mario and Sonic fail together, basically, and Cream's voice pierces through my ears.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.
Buy Athens 2004.

Yeah, I just recommended a Playstation 2 game.

raisinghelen said:
Thats why i want to get it too, i used to love those games. Track & Field, Hypersports, Decathalon (the 1500m would make most 'hardcore' gamers cry like little girls if they played it now), Summer Games etc.

Its worth getting for the nostalgia alone, add in Mario and Sonic together for the first time ever and the fact that its the type of game that is fun to play with friends ensured it a place on my Christmas list.

you won't be disappointed. I'm still loving it and the ability to upload your best times and see how you're doing compared to the rest of the world is great. Come on you brits!! :)

Best bit is playing against mates. So far I've pulled a muscle in my shoulder and strained forearms trying not to let wifey beat me. She still won though ;)

Very simple game but tricky to master everything, there's definitely a 'knack' to all events.

It's definitely a rental in my opinion, I liked it, but not enough to warrant the 50 bones........my kid loved it and wants it for Christmas, so guess I'll have it after all *LOL*

Back