Mario Kart 7

kikae

Ancient Brawler
Jan 29, 2009
Maryland
Wii Online Code
5805-3018-2025-1718
vrdL7.png

The newest installment of the fan-favorite Mario Kart™ franchise brings Mushroom Kingdom racing fun into glorious 3D. For the first time, drivers explore new competitive kart possibilities such as soaring through the skies or plunging into the depths of the sea. New courses, strategic new abilities and customizable karts bring the racing excitement to new heights[/CENTER]

---------------------
Release
---------------------

Developers: Nintendo, Retro

Release Dates:
  • Japan - 1 December 2011
  • Europe - 2 December 2011
  • Australia - 3 December 2011
  • NA - 4 December 2011

Ratings:
  • ESRB - E
  • PEGI - 3+
  • CERO - All

---------------------
Gameplay
---------------------

Mario Kart 7 (MK7) players will race on tracks themed after locations in the Mario games with characters from the Mario games.

Different from other Mario Kart games, MK7 will allow for gliding off jumps and driving beneath (some) water. (OMG HOW COULD YOU NINTY - Lakitu.) Also different from previous Mario Kart games, MK7 will be presented in [video=youtube;nsN8-q5LVOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsN8-q5LVOI&t=1m37s"]full 3D[/URL] at 60fps, including while online. Never before seen in any other Mario Kart games, you can now race in first person using the gyroscope feature. Hori has created a wheel attachment[/video] similar to the Wii Wheel specifically for Mario Kart.

Similar to Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Super Circuit, MK7 will feature coins, which, when collected, increase speed and improve vehicle defense. Just like in Mario Kart Wii, MK7 will have the option to install a Mario Kart Channel. The Mario Kart Channel allows you to see your friend's scores. You can also race with your friends and ghosts from the Channel.

MK7 will feature eight-player local wireless and eight-player online. The online interface looks very [URL="http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/datkip/Specified/3DS%20Forums/Mario%20Kart%207/online.png"]similar
to MKWii. You can also see your friend's VR (versus record) points from your Friends List. Communities, a new online feature, is a way to group a lot of your friends together, similar to fan-made clans. These clans will make tournaments significantly easier to control, as you don't have to add every one of your contestants to your friend list. Around the day of MK7's release, 3DS Forums will have their own community.

---------------------
Characters/Items
---------------------

Characters

kcoBO.png

MMzk3.png

vFQFf.png

OC3pK.png

(Selected) Vehicle Customization Options

All the confirmed parts are listed here.

HYCSU.png

Items

npwpn.png

---------------------
Tracks
---------------------

Note, there will be [video=youtube;tgN1lmzLc-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgN1lmzLc-I&t=0m50s"]16[/video] original courses and 16 retro courses.

Original

Mushroom Cup:
Toad Circuit
Daisy Hills
Cheep-Cheep Lagoon
Shy Guy Bazaar

Flower Cup:
Wuhu Loop 1
Mario Circuit
Music Park
Rock Rock Mountain

Star Cup:
Piranha Slider
Wario Ship
Neo-Bowser City
Wuhu Loop 2

Special Cup:
DK Jungle
Rosalina's Ice World
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road​

Retro

Shell Cup:
N64 Luigi Raceway
GBA Bowser Castle 1
Wii Mushroom Gorge
DS Luigi's Mansion

Banana Cup:
N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
SNES Mario Circuit 2
Wii Coconut Mall
DS Waluigi Pinball

Leaf Cup:
N64 Kalimari Desert
DS DK Pass
GCN Daisy Cruiser
Wii Maple Treeway

Lightning Cup:
Wii Koopa Cape
GCN Dino Dino Jungle
DS Airship Fortress
SNES Rainbow Road​

Battle Courses

Original:
Honey Bee House
Sherbet Rink
Wuhu Town

Retro:
N64 Big Donut
GBA Battle Course 1
DS Palm Shore​

---------------------
Media
---------------------

Official Artwork

Official Boxart: Japan, Europe, NA

For you 3DS browser

Various screenshots:

---------------------
External Links
---------------------

Last edited:
that is you to discover. and yes, i can't wait for this game ether, but sonic gens comes first

Is there a MK7 Wii Chat community yet? I think it would be a nice thing to have (one of the mods should set it up).

^ Community, as in, a forum dedicated to Mario Kart? We've got one of those already. :p It could use renaming, but... yeah.

http://www.wiichat.com/forum/mario-kart-wii/

I want my bikes back... ;_;

in mario kart 7 there are comunities that can race between each other by getting a code whoever creates the community.

EX: [video=youtube;bvPJnYyNaXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvPJnYyNaXA[/video]

Oh... That's pretty beast. The FC system should of had somethin' like that implemented from the start, but better late than never.

at least you don't need to share a bunch of FC's

Ill probably end up buying this game eventually, but definitely not right away. I have a lot of games I want, and Mario Kart isnt high on my priority list.

Back