Mario Kart controller?

WiiOG

WiiChat Member
Mar 24, 2009
question: do you NEED to the steering wheel to play Mario Kart??? or can i just use the controller that came with the Wii???

No you can just use the Wii Remote by itself if you want. The "controller" that comes with it is merely a plastic shell which [IMO] doesn't add to much to the experience. It does feel a little more comfortable in my hands to the standard Wii Remote, but still nothing beats the Gamecube controllers.

No you can just use the Wii Remote by itself if you want. The "controller" that comes with it is merely a plastic shell which [IMO] doesn't add to much to the experience. It does feel a little more comfortable in my hands to the standard Wii Remote, but still nothing beats the Gamecube controllers.

thanks..do i need anything special or can i just go buy a gamecube controller and plug into the top part of the Wii and start playing?

You can just go buy a Gamecude controller and plug it in.

But you should just play Mario Kart with the wii mote itself and see if you like the feel of it =)

Here are the control options for MarioKart Wii:

1. Wii Remote with or without wheel shell (control is the same, the wheel just gives you something more comfortable to hold)

2. Wii Remote with Nunchuk

3. Classic controller

4 Gamecube controller.

Attachments

• MKWControllerOptions.jpg
    MKWControllerOptions.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 43,853
Back