Mario Party 8 + My Games

WolfpacSnakepit

snoogins
Dec 2, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Wii Online Code
7300-6469-2862-5349
Hey all... I haven't been on here for a while now but i thought i'd come by and say hey. Hey :D

I came onto WiiChat and had a look at what u all thought about Mario Party 8 before buying it, and 95% of u ripped it apart, saying how bad it was. Well, i took it into consideration but I loved the other Mario Party games and decided to get it anyway. I don't think any of u gave it the credit it deserves. Sure, it's not fantastic, but it's Mario Party! It's just like all the other games! The addition of the wiimote make it even more fun! I recommend it for anyone that likes the other mario party games, but just dont expect too much from it and i'm sure u'll enjoy it!!!

So i've got 15 games now... Here's what they all are and a quick star rating that might help some of u wanting to know:

Medal Of Honor: Vanguard - 3 stars
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - 5 stars
Scarface: The World Is Yours - 4.5 stars
Far Cry: Vengenance - 2 stars
Zelda: Twilight Princess - 5 stars
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - 3 stars
Transformers: The Game - 3 stars
World Series of Poker: Tournament Of Champions - 3 stars
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 2.5 stars
Mario Strikers: Charged Football - 3.5 stars
Rampage: Total Destruction - 1 star
Excite Truck - 3.5 stars
WiiSports - 3.5 stars
WiiPlay - 1 star
Mario Party 8 - 3 stars

I would've bought heaps more - like Sonic, Red Steel, Rampala, etc. but my cousin owns like 7 games that I don't have so I borrow them off him sometimes :) Anyway, I think that the Godfather is awesome! I had never even seen the movie before but it's just such a fun game to play! It made me go out and buy the Godfather trilogy on DVD and now i'm a huge fan!

Oh well, just thought this might help some of u :)

thanks for the ratings. I'm getting interested in mario strikers charged since it's less than a week away from release here in the U.S. Can you elaborate a little on why you gave it 3 and a half stars?

I known what you mean, Mario Party 8 was ripped to pieces, just because it didnt completly live up to its expectations. Its stilla really good game to play but if your the type fo person who always plays your Wii alone or you only have 1 wii remote them dont bother with mario party 8, its basicly only a 2+ player game. Great Minigames though. I have first hand experience becuase i bought Mario Party 8 for $69 just to add, but when im alone on my Wii i always play Zelda or Resident Evil 4 Wii eddition, I cant be bothered having a 45min-90min mario party game.

I really glad you made this thread though. People really didnt give mario party 8 the respect it deserves.

sure buddy. The graphics aren't all that great and I was a little peeved that u only have four players on ur team - one captain (like mario, luigi, donkey kong, etc.) and then 3 "sidekicks" which are like shyguy, koopa trooper, toad, etc. The game isn't really like soccer (football) at all, u don't get yellow or red cards, u just smash players all the time... and it's really easy to get goals if u know how... with the power kicks u can get up to like 6 goals with one kick!!!
HOWEVER... multiplayer is fun! I'm not sure what online is like yet as I haven't played it but i imagine it's just as fun on that as what it is with friends. If it wasn't for that, i'd give it 2 stars, because overall it was a little disapointing. Hope that helps!

Link888 - Thanks mate! Question though... Is Resident Evil worth it? I am not much of an RE fan... I have RE on my GC but I got bored with it quite quickly. Is it much the same? Better? Worse?

Well.. As long as you have four people to play with, Mario Party 8 is a great game(in my opinion).
But you see, it's really hard to find 3 or 2 more people who all have wiimote and free time.
Also....Who plays Mario Party when they're partying?

WolfpacSnakepit said:
Link888 - Thanks mate! Question though... Is Resident Evil worth it? I am not much of an RE fan... I have RE on my GC but I got bored with it quite quickly. Is it much the same? Better? Worse?

I'd say it's better......

Online is great fun for Mario Strikers, in fact I've not really been on the actual game much. Maybe twice. Always wanting games online. Definately one for the collection.

Mario party 8

I like it fun game you do need 2 or more people I play the game with my wife she loves it, I got four remotes and we had a Mario party 8 Dinner party alot of fun,When you add beer to the game it gets crazy.

Later Guy

thanks for the feedback guys. I guess i'll pick it up. Maybe one day we'll meet on the field!

I love Mario Party 8, I have never bought a Mario Party game before, but I'm pretty much getting all the Nintendo games for the Wii. My sisters and I cannot stop playing it when we are home together on weekends. I give it a 4 stars for the fun aspect.

WolfpacSnakepit said:

It's the same, the only difference is the remote. Which pretty much changes the whole game xD...

mario party 8 is pretty cool, I also don't like the fact that you can't really play it by yourself and have much fun, but when there are people over it is definatly worth it

Nymisus said:
mario party 8 is pretty cool, I also don't like the fact that you can't really play it by yourself and have much fun, but when there are people over it is definatly worth it

You can play it by yourself if you go to one of the tents, I think its the extras tent, there is a game called test for the best and you essentially do the best at each minigame (10 to be exact) and you get graded and an amount of points for how well you do in each minigame. Essentially its like wii play by yourself, just trying to get higher scores each time, if you're into trying to better yourself then I recommend it. Also to unlock blooper and hammer bros. you need to beat the star challenge (don't remember exactly what its called) in 1 player mode which isn't too bad IMO. I'm glad to finally see some support for this game, for a while I felt like I was the only one here who liked the game and would support it.

Back