mario party 8 reviews

zealot8525

Certified Psychopath
Oct 8, 2006
Virginia
ive seen and read a lot of reviews 4 this game and to me there are a ton of mixed reviews, but that doesnt affect me because im going to buy it on release day (which is 2day) but these reviews might affect the casual gamers that the wii and nintendo are looking for. i think that most of these reviewers are reviewing it by themselves which is wrong because it is made 2 b played with other people, ithink that thier answers are definitively wrong because they are reviewing them that way. do you think that it will affect the casual gamers that are looking for a pick-up-and-play game for thier family?and also that these reviewers are lowering the score for not widescreen and not 480p,the things that casual gamers dont really care about.ithink that it will affect the sales a bit but the mario party fanatics(such as myself) will buy it without a second thought. what do u think about it

i agree with you on that they are not reviewing the game correctly because it is meant to be played with other people, of course a "party" game is not going to be as fun by yourself, i mean come on now. as for the people who understand the concept of mario party these reviews will not affect the desire for purchase of those people, but unfortunately those who go solely off of reviews will be hesitant to purchase, in my opinion a great multiplayer game. i just hope they figure out that they should review games in the context of what the game was designed for, not using the same cookie cutter point of view for every game.

Well I'm just noticing that, yeah they're giving it a hard time for single player... But in the past, other Mario Party games HAVE gotten credit for the single player aspect. It's not like this is the first Mario Party game. People KNOW it's meant to be played multiplayer. But as much of a fan of the Mario Party games that I might be, I don't like having games that practically REQUIRE me to have friends over to play. If I lived with brothers and sisters that were around to play, hell yeah I'd pick it up no matter what. But knowing it's usually just me and that most of the friends I ever DO have over aren't that into gaming... it kinda just screams dust collector. I'll probably rent it at some point, complete everything just to unlock all the games etc. and then at some point if I know I'll have people over that would get a kick out of it, then I'd either rent it again or buy it. Kinda same thing I did with WarioWare, I just completed the game when I rented it. Now whenever my friend who owns it comes by, she just brings hers that she owns and my save file already has everything unlocked in the game. I actually have more unlocked than she does on her own system's save file. =P
Anyway, it doesn't make a difference to me really. I do love Mario Party. Unfortunately for Mario Party, however, Mortal Kombat also comes out today and that's where my money goes. :)

One thing is for sure, Mario Party games have always ALWAYS been fun to play in multiplayer. Why would it be any different for a new and improved console with a motion sensing controller?

Reviews are only relative to me. I'm going to get it because MP games are awesome, I love the energy it has when playing with friends.

Not my kinda game, arn't all Mario Party games the same dating back to N64 days except maybe updated graphics and some new minis added...

Just because it's published by Nintendo doesn't mean it's gonna be a good game, yeah there's all the Nintendo mascots in the game but I hate waiting for other player's when playing (very slow paste) in my opinion...

Don't get me wrong my two favourite games right now are both by Nintendo (Twilight Princess & Mario Strikers Charged), but I'll be waiting for third party genius to arrive later on this year (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil, DBZ, Sword of Legendia, etc)...

Let's see, Mario is in:

Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario (which I've never cleared, lost interest)
Mario Strikers
Mario Kart Wii (if there ever is one)

Kinda makes me sick seeing more Mario...

Last edited:
I'm not to dishearted about the latest reviews, Mario Party games have never received the greatest reviews but they're still a blast to play when your friends are around! :)

i'd prefer to wait for MP9. Will be alot better and wont look like a GC port.

Nemix said:
Just because it's published by Nintendo doesn't mean it's gonna be a good game, yeah there's all the Nintendo mascots in the game but I hate waiting for other player's when playing (very slow paste) in my opinion...

Hudson worked on the game as well. They brought us great games back in the NES days such as Adventure Island!

Nemix said:
Let's see, Mario is in:

Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario (which I've never cleared, lost interest)
Mario Strikers
Mario Kart Wii (if there ever is one)

Kinda makes me sick seeing more Mario...
Mario is Nintendo's flagship mascot. You'd expect to see the regular handful of Mario-based games.

N64/Gamecube had their "Smash Bros." line.
N64/Gamecube/SNES/NES had their "Galaxy" type platformers.
N64/Gamecube had their "Paper Mario" line.
Gamecube had its "strikers".
N64/Gamecube/SNES had their "Mario Kart" line.

It makes sense to maintain the "Mario Party" line of games as well. Beyond Galaxy, and Mario Kart, there's not too much likely to come pertaining to mario. That's 6 Mario-based games in total. I don't think that's too many.

If you're sick of them, don't buy them. I bought my Wii because of Mario.
:)

Back