Media player??

Degnr8

WiiChat Member
Sep 28, 2009
Olympia Wa
Wii Online Code
6311-2304-7918-9735
I run my computer through my stereo & am basically looking to control the whole thing with the wii. As I see it there are 2 options. I can turn my wiimote into a mouse and set my computer up with an out to tv or better yet, use my hard drive as an input. Does anybody know if it's possible to do the latter? If not how do I go about the former?

Figured out the wiimote as mouse won't actually work for what I want to do. I want to use the media files from a different room than the computer is in. Don't know why that hadn't occurred to me before. Signed up for logmein, but it won't load on the wii. I just get a white screen. Is there a mod I need to do on the wii for this to work? I still like the idea of a media player on the wii & my HDD as an input. Anybody know if this is possible or what I need to do to make logmein work?

You can stream it. Orb works great on the Wii,X-box not sure about PS. Installs in 5 mins and is free.

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. Orb is working great for me.

another thing you might try is if you have the homebrew channel, MP Christmas edition. you can set up adhoc and stream via xml without having to connect to orbs central server

Back