question about hooking up component cables

Norco21

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2009
bought the component cables and was wondering best way to hook up the audio, normally i hook up all Audio/Video to the TV then i use the TV Audio Outs to my receiver, i was wondering when u do that does the pro logic signal from the wii still make it to the receiver or does the tv cut it out then its just i guess stereo that the tv puts out? be nce if still works that way, otherwise gotta buy extension cable to run straight to the receiver, i like the way i usually do it since i dont always use my stereo so i have the choice to just use the tv speakers, and if want my stereo just a matter of turning it on

I run it the way you do, to the TV, everything from the TV thru the receiver... That's how every component I own is connected. TV speakers are never turned on, only the audio system.

appears for the wii that method works fine since wii only puts out dolby pro logic, if wanted say ps3 or xbox dolby digital 5.1 ud have to use a digital cable like optical or coaxial as the rca/composite cables arent able to handle those signal, from what i been reading anyway

Back