No Audio when using component cables

chsoriano

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2006
College Station, TX
Wii Online Code
2361-7492-7880-5734
I just bought some MadCatz component cables from Gamestop today, I hooked them up, but I only have video and no audio.

On the back of the TV, there is 1 set of Component input, 3 sets of RCA A/V input (bottom is AV1, middle is AV2, not sure what the top set is for but they say "monitor out"). Oh and there is another set of RCA A/V input on the side of the tv which is AV1 if something isn't plugged into the back.

I set my tv to Component, and the video works, but there is no audio, I have tried connecting the red and white audio cables from the component cable into all of the audio inputs with no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone know what I have to do? Thanks.

You have to have 5 input hole thingys. The bottom two will be red and white. That will get you your audio.

chsoriano said:
I just bought some MadCatz component cables from Gamestop today, I hooked them up, but I only have video and no audio.

On the back of the TV, there is 1 set of Component input, 3 sets of RCA A/V input (bottom is AV1, middle is AV2, not sure what the top set is for but they say "monitor out"). Oh and there is another set of RCA A/V input on the side of the tv which is AV1 if something isn't plugged into the back.

I set my tv to Component, and the video works, but there is no audio, I have tried connecting the red and white audio cables from the component cable into all of the audio inputs with no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone know what I have to do? Thanks.

The component cables are exclusively for video. You need to find an audio input that matches up with your component inputs (since most TVs don't permit independent video and audio selection). If you can provide a model number on your TV I can probably provide some more focused help...

I just figured it out, had to bust out the dusty old manual... that's stupid, I have to have the audio cables connected to the input 2 when using component. Hopefully when I finally get a new tv it won't be so difficult.

Back