metal gear solid for wii?

kojima once said in his interview that he wants to work on wii after mgs4 is done
but not sure if it's mgs

Wii_Smurf said:
Of course lol
They rock. Good job Xbox has gotten it, gives hope for other consoles.
And cele is right. GFX are the best for this game. Xbox it is!

Mgs4 aint goin to the 360, happy to burst your bubble. 360 can't handle it, and im very proud too say that:lol:

fatalorgasm92 said:
Who the hell are you talking to? there is nobody from 10 posts before yours that relates to what you are talking about. Theres no lack of space on PS3 btw it has a 60 gb hard drive with 40 gb blu-rays....

Just thought id correct you, the guy making MGS4 stated that he was struggling to fit MGS4 onto a single layered Blue Ray disc which holds 25Gb, and may be using a 50Gb(not 40gb) Double layered Blue Ray disc so he can fit everything he wants into the game, this is the main reason the 360 won't be able to run it also, it can't process all the information being thrown at it constantly. With all the texturing etc.

Agreed, MGS4 will be finally tapping into the PS3 a wee bit. All these PS3v360 game coparisons, are ports and At the beginning of PS3s career. Whats ridiculous is even though they are compared and " well i dont see the big diff its not This amzing graphics that are way better than 360"
Well all the Games that are moved over 360 cant handle that way, like oblivion, PS3 has Anitphoric and Antialisaing 2x and 4x i think , 369 cant have either at all.
Making MGS4 on the 360 would be alomost the same as Making iton wii for the Devs. Everything would have to be redone, then checked religously for lag.

Also would i buy MGS4 for 360 when i could buy it for Wii and i dont need to worry about My New $60 disc being broken

Ya man my bad 40 Gb was a typo, cuz 5 is next to 4 and everything....

fatalorgasm92 said:
Agreed, MGS4 will be finally tapping into the PS3 a wee bit. All these PS3v360 game coparisons, are ports and At the beginning of PS3s career. Whats ridiculous is even though they are compared and " well i dont see the big diff its not This amzing graphics that are way better than 360"
Well all the Games that are moved over 360 cant handle that way, like oblivion, PS3 has Anitphoric and Antialisaing 2x and 4x i think , 369 cant have either at all.

When i was looking at purchasing a PS3 or a X360 i read up on them a bit and although im no wiz at computers or consoles i thought i saw that the 360 could do AA etc while the PS3 couldn't but the PS3 beat it with raw power and calculations..

Last edited:
The PS3 has a maximum anti-aliasing sample rate: 8.8 gigasamples per second in other words, 2 AA samples x 8 ROPs x 550 MHz

in other words yes it is capable of AA
The 360 also is Capable of AA but not capable of AF
The PS3 is capable of Both ( correct me if im wrong but i know PS3 has both 360 cant do one i cant rember which)

The Processing power is obviously on the PS3 side as you said but the PS3 GFX has alot of advantages of 360s graphic card,besides what i noted, the PS3 has 27 FLOPS per cycle while 360 has 10 FLOPS
360 totals at 240 FLOPS while PS3 is 364
PS3 has only 256 mb memory while 360 has 512, But 360s is running at 700 MHz while PS3s is at 3.2 Ghz

Most of my info is cited from ATI and Nvidia
Nvidia ftw...

Sythin said:
No, Kojima productions have MGS contracted with Playstation.

Offer them the right price and im sure any developer would give in - even if they only keep it a timed exclusive (like Assassins Creed), after all, business is business.

Well For the Simple fact ( besides having to remake the entire game)
MGS4 wont be seen on console other than PS3 because MGS4 will use a good bit of a disc, And Nobody wants there new Xbox 360 MGS4 5 disc set........
an MGS game might be made in the future but MGS4 almost definitely wont see 360 or Wii

fatalorgasm92 said:
Well For the Simple fact ( besides having to remake the entire game)
MGS4 wont be seen on console other than PS3 because MGS4 will use a good bit of a disc, And Nobody wants there new Xbox 360 MGS4 5 disc set........
an MGS game might be made in the future but MGS4 almost definitely wont see 360 or Wii

I agree we won't see it on Wii ever, but there is no reason why they couldn't put it on x360 - and lets face it, if you can't be bothered to get up and change a disc then you have to be one of the laziest fat f*&^s going around

maybe they'll make a super kiddy metal gear solid. i can see solid snake in a lego type game. only it's not a really serious game and is based on comedy.

mgs 4 on Wii? give me a hell no. they won't release it. but an mgs game on the Wii? that is likely. it's just going to look at a PS2 version mgs game though

G3n0cide said:
Offer them the right price and im sure any developer would give in - even if they only keep it a timed exclusive (like Assassins Creed), after all, business is business.
Well nintendo isn't Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo doesn't have the money to do something like that. Besides, MGS most likely could not even perform on the Wii. Kojima Productions is making the game on a system that can perform with its six 3.2 GHz per second processor and with a clock speed of 550 MHz. While the Wii performs at 729 MHz and at a 243 MHz clock speed. Plus with Blu-ray, MGS has the cappability to hold up to 50 GB of space unlike whatever the Wii uses. I don't expect you to know what that means but it does mean that MGS would be immpossible to run on the Wii unless it was dramatically striped down.

maybe they'll try and milk msg 3 and port that to the Wii. since msg 3 has online play, who knows. maybe the Wii can take an advantage of that. PS2 owners vs Wii owners? that's great right there.

arcticreaver said:
maybe they'll try and milk msg 3 and port that to the Wii. since msg 3 has online play, who knows. maybe the Wii can take an advantage of that. PS2 owners vs Wii owners? that's great right there.
if im not mistaken, the PS2 online servers for MGS 3 have closed down. And theres no way any cross platform gaming will ever happen. Its only happen from 360 to PC(windows).

Back