Metroid Wii Mod! SHAWEEET!!!

romj

WiiChat Member
Sep 24, 2007
http://hackawii.com/metroid-wii-case-mod/

This Wii case mod is an amazing work of art. It was sold on Ebay so it has a new home now.

From the artist; "I used an entirely NEW process for painting this time around with a new professional grade Iwata airbrush . Each color was painstakingly hand-mixed and color matched to achieve Samus’s signature metallic Varia suit colors of golden orange for the base and intense red for the Wii itself. Each coat was sanded before recoating and then finished off in countless coats of super durable clear coat that left a high gloss wet-look finish! The Wii Remote and Nunchuk were painted using the new process in a deep plasma canon green with the same high gloss finish. The Buttons are custom-made after-market gloss black replacements that are TOP quality and play tested! The result is truly something special and I am excited to be able to offer it.

This has the most elaborate electrical mods of any I have done so far. Specific yellow-green LEDs were installed in the faceplate and base to closely match the color and look of her illuminated visor and shoulder lights. Each LED was sanded, shaped and placed to carefully maintain a dramatic yet subtle look. The Metroid logo is backlit by an array of six ice white LEDs embedded in a sanded acrylic disk. This disperses the light evenly to give the entire logo a halo of emanating white light.. The Wii Remote was modified with a custom internal controller board and a plasma orange LED. This controller board slowly fades the LED in and out much like the lighted effects on her canon. Finally, the four player indicator lights at the bottom of the Wii Remote were also changed from blue to green. In total 15 LED’s were used and, as always, since these are “always-on” LED’s the voltage was calibrated so as not to be either overbearing or too dim.”

(Image in the above link)

wow...metroid is my favorite game of all time...i almost cried when i saw that. i have a skin on my wii, and it looks like total crap compared to that. *throws wii in garbage*

how much did that sell for?

ericlewis91 said:
its been posted before just to let you know!

but its cool

That I didn't know, thank you. It's weird that people have to be afraid to post something here for fear of being rebuked for one reason or other....

....And yes, the case mod is definatly cool!

TortillaChip520 said:
wow...metroid is my favorite game of all time...i almost cried when i saw that. i have a skin on my wii, and it looks like total crap compared to that. *throws wii in garbage*

how much did that sell for?

I wish I knew, I'll try to find out.

yeah the metroid one is sweet(and just like what i'm about to post, has been posted before) but i like this one more, but that's probably because i like zelda a bit more than i like metroid.
http://www.geekologie.com/2007/03/legend_of_zelda_wii_case_mod.php

i'm not sure how much the zelda one went for but it was up to $1255 with 6 days left on the auction. WOW

kyle

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP! I want that so badly. I wonder how much days it took him.

DUDE!! that metroid wii is sooooooooo cool i wish i had it soooo badly. i already knew about it though.

smyth said:
yeah the metroid one is sweet(and just like what i'm about to post, has been posted before) but i like this one more, but that's probably because i like zelda a bit more than i like metroid.
http://www.geekologie.com/2007/03/legend_of_zelda_wii_case_mod.php

i'm not sure how much the zelda one went for but it was up to $1255 with 6 days left on the auction. WOW

kyle

I remember the Zelda one, it was nice, but the Metriod one is lots nicer to me.

Back