MLB 2k9 IGN Hands-On

1337endo

Motard
Oct 20, 2007
New Jersey, USA
Wii Online Code
3239-0851-6759-1030
http://wii.ign.com/articles/956/956343p1.html

No online this year, it's quite ridiculous. This should be a standard for all Wii sports titles now. However, I noticed IGN posted in the article:

As another interesting note, updated rosters look to be included if the game's instruction booklet is to be trusted, though I didn't see any specific area where that could be accessed in the menus, so it may only occur when actual updates are available.

Does that mean there will be roster updates via Wi-Fi connection? If so, I'll pick up this game. I'm dying for a baseball game, and the MLB 2K series on Xbox absolutely sucks.

Although, I'll still have MLB 09: The Show for PS3 which will be awesome, but I'd like a GOOD Wii baseball game.

I might pick this up for the wii instead of 360 because gameplay totally beats graphics in a baseball game. 2k8 wasnt that bad either just a few bugs and glitches.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/956/956343p1.html

No online this year, it's quite ridiculous. This should be a standard for all Wii sports titles now. However, I noticed IGN posted in the article:

Does that mean there will be roster updates via Wi-Fi connection? If so, I'll pick up this game. I'm dying for a baseball game, and the MLB 2K series on Xbox absolutely sucks.

Although, I'll still have MLB 09: The Show for PS3 which will be awesome, but I'd like a GOOD Wii baseball game.

Since it doesn't allow online play, I'd be shocked if lazy 2K actually provided updated rosters via download. They probably are claiming 'updated rosters,' meaning they've been updated since last year's game, and will be as updated as they can be when the game disc goes gold...

No online is a little disappointing. I will wait to see which version to get but currently I'm leading towards 2K9 on 360.

This is what happens when sports titles don't have any competition on a system. A lazy effort...

I already have MLB 2k8. If they put online in 2k9 then I'd have definately picked it up but no online and no significant updates to the game? No thanks! I'll stick to my 08 version.

Back