Multiple Wii Power Lights

Stifler

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Wii Online Code
6387-6143-2508-1707
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having an issue with my Nintendo Wii.

I understand the following:

Red light - Wii is off
Green light - Wii is running
Yellowish/Orangish light - No idea

This morning I connected the Wii to the net. When I turned it off and left the yellowish light was there instead of the red light. I come back about 10 hours later and the drive is occasionally flashing blue. Is the Wii actually off?

Why is it now every time I turn it off the yellow light comes on instead of the red? Am I not turning the Wii off properly? Is this some standby mode that the Wii is in? If so, how the hell do I avoid it?

You have wiiconnect24 switched on which is why the Wii switches to standby rather than totally off? To make it turn off (red light) just hold the power button on the wii for about 5 seconds then the wii will turn off, rather than standby.

captainff said:
You have wiiconnect24 switched on which is why the Wii switches to standby rather than totally off? To make it turn off (red light) just hold the power button on the wii for about 5 seconds then the wii will turn off, rather than standby.

This is correct. With wiiconnect24 on your system when the wii is in standby mode you will be able to receive messages from friends or nintendo and mii characters will travel. The blue drive light turns on when you have a new message or to let you know of a possible update. Nintendo will normally send a message for updates to make you aware of them.

Appreciate all the help guys. Instead of just pressing the power button, holding it for about 4-5 seconds does completely turn it off and doesn't go into standby mode.

Yes, you can turn your Wii all the way off. However, it is best to leave it in stand-by mode, that way you know that you have updates.

Back