music during games?

also, without starting a new thread, i have some other questions.

Is it possible to get aol instant messenger on Wii? I would think since you can get online, maybe its possible. Also, my remote is fine when i'm sitting down, but when i'm standing up, its not as accurate. The little hand is much lower than where i'm aiming.

Don't think you can download and run apps on the Wii.

As for pointer accuracy, where is your sensor bar? Have you tried above and below to see which one works better for you?

csiguy4u said:
Turn on your stereo, tune to your favorite radio station, and start playing the Wii. . .now you have music during games.

i don't like you.

as far as my sensor bar, its above my TV. i can't put it below. I'm playing on an old big screen. The screen sits on top of the speaker part, and theres no little edge to stick the bar on. If i put it below, it'd have to be on the ground, about two feet below the screen.

oh also, is there a way i can minimize a screen or bring up a second one on the internet channel?

callme.nasty said:
yeah its only 512 mb, but a song only takes up about 4 kb.

4KB will get you about 38 seconds of MIDI music, as seen here: http://hungaria.org/hal/folklor/midi/folk/szatmar/verbunk.mid

You're on crack if you think MP3s are that small ;)

Edit:

callme.nasty said:
i don't like you.

as far as my sensor bar, its above my TV. i can't put it below. I'm playing on an old big screen. The screen sits on top of the speaker part, and theres no little edge to stick the bar on. If i put it below, it'd have to be on the ground, about two feet below the screen.

oh also, is there a way i can minimize a screen or bring up a second one on the internet channel?

The sensor bar works above TV's as well, you just have to change the sensor bar position setting from "Below TV" to "Above TV".

Anyways, my solution to music in every game was just to get one screen with a HDMI input and component input, have my computer hooked up to the HDMI (DVI to HDMI cable), and my computer's speakers right in front of the TV's speakers. Works pretty well, but I don't have a way to skip songs yet without switching between HDMI and YPbPr on my TV :|

You can't do much with the Internet Channel yet, Nintendo only released a "trial" version, they're still working on all those good features you'd expect in a regular browser.

Last edited:
If i put it below, it'd have to be on the ground, about two feet below the screen.

I play with a dvd projector with 103" screen size - and I have my sensor bar on a little stool about 2.5 feet below the screen and I have no problems at all.

Have you tried it?

Rolex said:
I play with a dvd projector with 103" screen size - and I have my sensor bar on a little stool about 2.5 feet below the screen and I have no problems at all.

Have you tried it?

haven't thought of that. i guess i could put it on a stand or something.

and i'm looking at the songs on my computer right now, and they're all 4,000 or 5,000 KB's. They might be .wav format, but it shouldn't make a difference. Anyway, it'd be better to have the songs playing through the game. That way you can get rid of the games music while still keeping the sound effects. Plus i've got some good speakers hooked up to the TV. I've got an sd card, all i want to know is if i can store the songs on the Wii or if i have to leave the SD card in, because its not my card. I don't have to put a million songs on.

With the all the new additions and channels that will come out, do you think they will start adding new additions like music or anything? I dont see anything like iTunes, but its an interesting idea that they could make a ton on.

i know that there making an instant messanger very similar to AOL and MSN messenger

I got my 1 GB micro SD card at Best Buy for like $50... I put some mp3's on it and they play on Excite Truck... it's really cool... I put Fall Out Boy on and it's great to race to. I'm sure more games will use the feature later on... also, the picture stuff on the Wii uses the SD card for pics and songs.

callme.nasty said:
i don't like you.

OMGROTFLMFAO God straight to the point
But to your question for me I find that If you change the setting so that the Wii thinks the sensor is below but it is above to me I feels more accurate and you internet question no you can't minimize but if you go to www.warpipe.com it has a feature for the the lets you use tabbed browsing its a bit "iffy" but it works

Back