"My Sims" freezing on wii!

ctapgoy

WiiChat Member
Sep 22, 2007
I just got My Sims couple days ago and was really excited to play it. The loading was kinda glitchy, but it loaded nonetheless.

I got to the point to create a new character and the screen froze up. I restarted the game and tried again. It worked...but still glichtly during loading. When i tried to remodel the house, the screen froze up again. I restarted and tried to same thing and the screen froze.

I proceeded to go back to the store to exchange it for a new copy. That didn't help...I deleted my save data and that didn't help.

I tried all my 6 other games and all of them work just fine. I called the support line and their suggestion was to send it in for repair...

anyone having this same issue? anyone have any idea why it's just this game?!

no....it mostly lags....but i tend not to do anything while its lagging and wait for it to stop and continue on

it's not just lagging. the screen freezes up...and when i try to hit the icon for "exit" the screen stays frozen and i have to restart my wii...basically can't even play the game.

i tried that...the screen doesn't change. i'm wondering if wii is not really up to specs to support this game..

aren't they supposed to test it before they release it?!

ctapgoy said:
aren't they supposed to test it before they release it?!

Well duh... That doesn't mean there are going to be virtually NO bugs or glitches. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they did the greatest job testing this game.

hows the disc (scratched ?)
if not take back and get another copy just tell the shop it freezes 5mins into the game

i already took it back to best buy to exchange it. the disc is brand freaking new. and it's not just small glitches...i mean like i can't even play the game! it's horrible. i'm pissed cuz i waited for this game for so long.

all ohter games i've played did not take up as much resources as this one did. far cry took up 41 memory blocks...my sims took up 97...i wonder if wii is just not capable of supporting this game.

Mine freezes a little when i give a sim stuff and it is really slow when loading!
i just put up with it and wait for it as it only freezez for about 5-10 seconds
i tried cleaning the disk but there is no diffrence.

Mine freezes when i press ''Give stuff'' it sort of freezes for 5-10 seconds and it is very slow when loading
i have tried cleaning the disk but it does not help.

Mod edit: No double posting, use the edit button instead. Don't abuse text sizes either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back