MY Wii Life and Timeline

JohnnyRed said:
Why is your doctor telling you to get a wii? If your living at home and your dad is buying your stuff you have to be a kid and if you are and your doctor is telling you that you need a wii maybe your biggest problem isnt what gaming console to get, maybe you should get outside and get some physical activity going.

Then again if I am wrong and you just chill at the doctors office looking for gaming advice and tips thats cool. Do me favor and ask your doctor if he thinks the new GTA for PS3 coming out is going to be any good, I am not sure if I should buy it in advance, thx.

Hes cheap with an ungrateful kid. I know plenty of kids who would kill for a wii.

haha no, im quite ctive already. he just asked me what i was asking for chirstmas and he's like "NO!!! you should get a wii, its so much fun" etc etc

OCT 2006 Hear there is a local store with a demo of this amazing new console called the Wii, where your actions controlled the characters... Queued up and played WiiSports for the first time, almost peed myself with excitement, same as the lady i VSed.

NOV-DEC Saved for Wii so I could afford RED STEEL, Zelda and extra controller.

JAN-FEB 07 Played Wii religiously, loved showing mates what it could do.

MARCH-MAY Novelty starts to wear off, begin looking for 'hardcore' games and buy MOH and Godfather.

JUNE-AUG Hardly touch Wii, fortnight where it wasnt touched once.

SEPT-DEC Wii gets very little attention, most of my gaming is on PC, but I hang onto the Wii in anticipation for things to improve.
Decide that maybe 2007 wasnt Wii's year and hang in for a better 08.

DEC-FEB 08 Play mainly GH3 and occasionally go back to unfinished games.
STILL waiting for killer apps.

um...ok

your life, and mine are TOTALLY different

I'd tell you mine but i cant remember any of the dates, how do u guys know the exact date in which u did all this stuff???!!!

Just guessing months from when the games were released, cos I bought all my stuff the day it came out

2006 - Hear about Wii. Neighbor kid gets one on Black Friday or just before X-mas.

2007 - Occasionally think about Wii. Frequently hear about how cool it is , and think it might be something my wife and 4 year old daughter would enjoy, too. In about March, 2007, aforementioned "neighbor kid" brings his Wii over and shows us what it can do. I think, "cool!"

X-mas 2007 - Spend a few days at my sister's house. Her son got Wii from Santa. Whole family plays--from 4 year old to 80 years old, we all love it.

January 2008 - Start checking wiitracker.com every day. Never in stock, or if it is, you have to buy a bundle for $500 and up.

February 2008 - Find out that local EB Games sometimes has it in stock. I call three days in a row, and on 3rd day, they have some. Race over from work, and get it. Still love it a lot, since it's still quite new. I'm now looking into renting some games from Hollywood Video or Blockbuster. Will buy the ones I like. Just got "Wii Transfer" to allow me to access mp3 music, photos, and videos from my Mac on the Wii.

my timeline

my wii timeline

see adverts for wii thinks its not good start to look at it in shops.

i think i would get a ps3 find out they suck then think 360 has great graphics but you have to have hd tv to get the best out of it, so look at the wii find out its a motion sensitive console my mates and family can have fun on wii sports and over games, then realise they sellin like crazy.

i then go lookin every were and finaly get the 2nd to last one in some shop play on it like mad :lol: :lol: :arf: :shifty:

Back