My wiimote went kaput! Anyone know whats wrong?

mcpowley

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
So. i've had my wii from day one, worked perfect, etc etc. Batteries died a couple of times, we replaced each time. One day my roomie went to play, and the wiimote wasn't working...as in the cursor wasn't appearing, I thought it was batteries, so i bought new ones, and then put them in today. The cursor still won't show...with brand new batteries. All that happens is that whenever I press a...the 4 lights just keep flashing on the bottom of the remote..and it doesn't recognize the remote..the lights just keep flashing. Anyone know what's wrong?

mcpowley said:
So. i've had my wii from day one, worked perfect, etc etc. Batteries died a couple of times, we replaced each time. One day my roomie went to play, and the wiimote wasn't working...as in the cursor wasn't appearing, I thought it was batteries, so i bought new ones, and then put them in today. The cursor still won't show...with brand new batteries. All that happens is that whenever I press a...the 4 lights just keep flashing on the bottom of the remote..and it doesn't recognize the remote..the lights just keep flashing. Anyone know what's wrong?

Have you tried Resyncing them?

Just for the hell of it?

If that don't do it and different batteries don't do it either, Call up nintendo tomorrow.

Someone had a similar problem. They took out the batteries, unplugged the remote and let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Put the batteries back in, plug it in, and resync.

Like everyone else said, resync.
What the blinking four lights are telling you is that you have full battery power. Thus, you may eliminate battery troubles/no power as the source of your troubles.

Yep I can confirm, this has happened to me too on occasions. Take out the batteries press the sync button and then press the sync button on the console.

Megagold5 said:
Just happened to me, tryed re-syncing, doesn't work :/

new batteries don't work either?

If it still doesn't work, you should probably call up Nintendo. You might get a replacement, however technically throwing a wiimote is considered abuse so it's up to them if they want to replace it. Now if the strap broke thats a different case.

I got it...I stood up while holding the remote and it came on, seems the sensor had gone dodgy, so I just went to sensitivity and changed it to a diff number, works fine again from any height again now....strange....

mcpowley said:

My wiimote went the same after two days of working fine. Try a resync and if it still doesn't work no matter what like mine then take the Wii back to the shop or send it back to Nintendo.

Back