NBA Thread

Sorry, but the jazz aren't good enough. They should have made a move at the deadline to strengthen their bench. (ronnie brewer, cj miles aren't gona cut it) But they do have a good player in korver

I'm a Jazz fan. I think we have a good shot at getting to the championship, and maybe actually winning it, now that the whole team is healthy again.

jazz piss me off. they get like every shot in.

bell 6-19

yao and scola were like 90 percent as usual... when they get the chance to shoot they score, but the still get the ball stolen a lot off of them

Rockets were a threat for the championship, until mcinjury went down again. So im expecting another first round exit.

Sorry, but the jazz aren't good enough. They should have made a move at the deadline to strengthen their bench. (ronnie brewer, cj miles aren't gona cut it) But they do have a good player in korver

Ever heard of Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur, Andrei Kirilenko, Paul Millsap, and Deron Williams? That team has a lot of good players. As far as the bench goes, I think the Jazz are one of the best in the league. I don't think Kyle Korver is that great, though.

Of course the jazz's starting lineup is amazing (Boozer has been great since he has come back) but I just don't see them winning the chhampionship.

The east continues to produce at least 1 under 500 playoff team. So right now I like the bulls as the 8th seed. I think with Derrick Rose, Ben Gordon and Tyrus Thomas this team could put together a run. If not Chicago im gona say Charlotte cause everyone else seems to be dead when they are playing. (Knicks, Raptors im talkin to you)

Firstly, why isn't Kobe dunking anymore?

Lebron, Wade, and Kobe's field goal percentage is not that great. Why are they considered so good? I'm sure if other people shot as many shots as them they would have the same or even a better field goal percentage... (9-15, 7-11, 15-33, etc...).

I know a couple of reasons their really good at shooting compared to others even though their FG percentage is the same. And that's because theirs always someone one them, and most times more then one person (double teamed). Also they can get quality shots in, and go into the basket with like 5 people on them or next to the basket.

What are some other reasons?

The reason Kobe, LBJ, etc are so good is because they can make shots when being guarded to the max (I know you mentioned it, but its the main reason). Also they are great shooters unlike like Dwight H and other good field goal percentage type players. Like all sports at the most professional level, some players just simply can get more shots in than others

I'm a basketball fan, but not really an nba fan. I love college basketball and see alot of high school ball also, but hardly ever sit down to watch an nba game.

I've always had a soft spot for the suns, and like watching nash play.

I love watching Steve Nash, absolutely amazing when he's on. I've watched games where it seemed like every shot he took was drained. Plus he's got amazing ball skills.

As for Lebron being a good shooter, meh I'll go with that, but Kobe is an amazing shooter, I've seen him make shots Lebron can only dream about, and this is coming from a Lebron fan. Lebron is the best in the lane, but Kobe is by far the best shooter in the game.

Lately Kobe's shooting has been a little silly. He always tries to do the impossible (beyond the impossible shots he makes now as blueovalboy7 pointed out).

By far MVP will be Lebron. Coming from a Lakers and huge Kobe fan.

As for Steve Nash, he has the best FG percentage out of every player in the NBA BESIDES Centers and Power Forwards.

Wade passes Kobe in MVP race by far, but Lebron still deserves it even though I would want Wade to get it.

But I like KOBE the best :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a fan of any team that uses teamwork over superstars.

If you watched basketball you would know that most of the superstars now play more as a team.

Anyways, who do you think will be Rookie of the Year?

Michael Beasley or Derrick Rose?

Back