need for speed pro street??

thats for the input i think ill just rent it to see what u guys r talking about

cesc04 said:
thats for the input i think ill just rent it to see what u guys r talking about
can't rent games i almost always forget to return them... lol i don't think there is a video game rental place here in knoxville or surrounding areas that would even let me rent one LOL... i think some are trying to pursue lawsuits from super nintendo days LOL j/k

knoxbox said:
everyone says the controls are ridiculous are they like the last need for speed carbon cause if thats the case u can modify the controls in the options menu... my perference is the nunchuck anolog stick for turning and pulling it back to ebrake and wiimote is the throttle down for more gas pull it back for brake and reverse

That's the same set up I used in Carbon. Using the nunchuck stick steering is the only thing that saved Carbon for me. I would have quit playing it altogether if not for that.

Unfortunately, they yanked the control customization in ProStreet.
I'd like to meet whoever told them, "Hey, analog stick driving is lame. Let's just do it with a free-floating remote." Because this guy deserves a kick in the throat. Plenty of the Wii games actually lend themselves to a controller that is not attached to anything. However, when you are in a real car, what part of driving is NOT connected to something? From what I have read, EA had to dumb down the car damage feature on the Wii, since the steering was so sketchy. Quite an asinine approach to game development.

I got the game today and played it for about an hour. I got bored because of two things. Same looking tracks over and over again. No free roam or police chases.
On top of all that, I think I'd rather subject myself to a double root canal than listen to the announcer babble on. When I fire it back up again, I'm checking the audio options to try and shut him up.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in this release. However, since my kids got it for me for my birthday, they are expecting me to keep playing it. So I'll be fighting through it and maybe I won't completely hate it, by the time I'm through.

Is it just me or did NFS peak with the Most Wanted version?

knoxbox said:
everyone says the controls are ridiculous are they like the last need for speed carbon cause if thats the case u can modify the controls in the options menu... my perference is the nunchuck anolog stick for turning and pulling it back to ebrake and wiimote is the throttle down for more gas pull it back for brake and reverse

That's the same set up I used in Carbon. Using the nunchuck stick steering is the only thing that saved Carbon for me. I would have quit playing it altogether if not for that.

Unfortunately, they yanked the control customization in ProStreet.
I'd like to meet whoever told them, "Hey, analog stick driving is lame. Let's just do it with a free-floating remote." Because this guy deserves a kick in the throat. Plenty of the Wii games actually lend themselves to a controller that is not attached to anything. However, when you are in a real car, what part of driving is NOT connected to something? From what I have read, EA had to dumb down the car damage feature on the Wii, since the steering was so sketchy. Quite an asinine approach to game development.

I got the game today and played it for about an hour. I got bored because of two things. Same looking tracks over and over again. No free roam or police chases.
On top of all that, I think I'd rather subject myself to a double root canal than listen to the announcer babble on. When I fire it back up again, I'm checking the audio options to try and shut him up.

Overall, I'm very disappointed in this release. However, since my kids got it for me for my birthday, they are expecting me to keep playing it. So I'll be fighting through it and trying like hell to enjoy myself.

Is it just me or did NFS peak with the Most Wanted version?

Dzapper said:
Well, considering that Mario Kart Wii is coming pretty soon, I would just wait for that if I were you. But if you are considering it, rent it first. I heard the DS version was pretty good though, plus it has online play(Wii version doesn't). So it seems like you get more for your buck from the portable version.

You could wait.....but Mario Kart Wii will be a totally different racing game compared to NFS:proStreet. So, It's okay if you do get both. I have not heard anything bad about NFS and I know Mario Kart Wii will be AWESOME

my first post :)

i have this game, i like it, IMO its the best installment of need for speed to date, the physics are far more realistic, the controls are easy, the car selection is the best ive seen, the tuning is more detailed

they took out all the usless stuff such as neon lights, spinners, etc
focused pretty much on racing, you only race on tracks, no traffic to dodge.

at first i did not like the fact that i had to specify what type of race i wanted each of my cars to race in, however now i see the advantage of doing so, i have a GTO for a drag car, viper for a drift car, R35 GTR for a circuit car, Z06 for my top speed car, i can tune them for their specific races and not have to worry about retuning for a different kind of race, bc honestly, who has a car in reality that races drag, auto X, drifting, and 230mph top speed race?

all in all, if you like racing games, modifying and tuning cars, then this game rocks, i am a gran turismo fanatic, GT has been the reason ive own a PS and a PS2, mostly bc i could beat the game and play constatnly just to buy and mod new cars, pro street offers the same potential but of course not on par with GT as a simulator or the massive car list

FR. said:
Do not buy the game. I'm not just saying this because it got bad reviews, I'm saying this because I've actually played the game and the mechanics are horrible. Steering is horrible, like Auto Modellista if you've ever played that game.

I would wait for Mario Kart in Q1 2008 if that series has interested you. With the online play, the replay value will be much better than Double Dash.

QFT, this game was awful, I expected much better. I would say get MKWii. Or Excite Truck, if you dont have it already, its the best racing game out for the wii so far.

uloseiwin said:
QFT, this game was awful, I expected much better. I would say get MKWii. Or Excite Truck, if you dont have it already, its the best racing game out for the wii so far.

sorry to tell everyone but mkwii and excite truck are not sim racing games, you can tell someone that likes Grand tourismo that mario kart or excite truck is a racing game, they are going to laugh at you. need for speed isn't even really a sim racing game... moslty un realistic... GT4 = great racing sim.

knoxbox said:
sorry to tell everyone but mkwii and excite truck are not sim racing games, you can tell someone that likes Grand tourismo that mario kart or excite truck is a racing game, they are going to laugh at you. need for speed isn't even really a sim racing game... moslty un realistic... GT4 = great racing sim.
what are you talking about in Need For Speed Pro Street you cars can get damaged and you can DRAFT behind a car to decrease Wind resistance. In GT4 there is no damage at all (at least to my knowledge, if there is damage than you are right)

theres no damage in GT4, but the physics are much more realistic than any other racing game ive played
pro street aint that far off now though, i was truly surprised at how much more realistic it was than carbon and most wanted

I've heard GT5 will be the best racing sim. Too bad it won't be for the Wii. There is actually damage in this one. There is a video talking about it on youtube

Two Things:
(1) ProStreet is dope for the Wii...I love the new controls actually more so than the ones for Carbon. The Wii Remote has to be turned on its side for regular racing like an old school controller, but heres the kicker...you have to turn it like a steering wheel. For Drag racing (my favorite event) you have to use it up-right to shift gears...

((just a suggestion to Nintendo - try making the WiiMote act like the shift nob and you might have somethin truly crazy!!!))

Overall, I've been playing it for the last 48 hours and have only stopped to go to work and catch a wink or two.

Number 2: To Dzapper

[quote:] If you think that Rap music is nothing but a bunch of idiots pulling up their pants and talking about cars and whores then you obviously have been listening to the wrong people. Lupe Fiasco is an amazing intellectual rapper who will change your mind on rap music.

I second that. Lupe is making a serious believer out of me. I have both albums and each one is just a monster in its own right. To everyone else, If you havent heard them yet..what are you waiting for?!

Back