Need help getting my kids off their butts!

i0n said:
What about the Wii Sports action pack? With the tennis racket wiimote holder etc. That should get them swinging away at tennis rather than the little wrist flick motions :)

Where can you buy that holder?

It's no fun playing Wario Ware sitting down grimmda. Plus their kids, they wont be embarrassed to do all the moves.

Okay, I was looking for suggestions on games, not a lesson on parenting. Sagema, did you even read the second part of my post? You accused me of not getting them to excercise just after I wrote that my kids do get out, are into sports and I encourage them to do more. If you think forcing things down their throats, wether they like it or not, is going to help, maybe you're the one with the problem. It's only going to get them to hate it. I said that I think they spend more time playing video games than they ought to. I actually believe it would be best if they didn't play any video games or watch TV at all, but that's not realistic. Kids are going to play video games, so why not choose ones that keep them moving?

ok this is what i advise doing :)

what my spin on everything is, if your kids are active which you mentioned over and over again (which is great because if youre not repeatative, no one gets the point and says stupid things so thank you! :yesnod: ), you bought the wii as a "rainy day thing" meaning its crumby outside and the kids cant go out and play their football or hide and seek or wtvr kids play (i sound old now). wii sports is great obviously for reasons you already know. i read somewhere that the action pack is BAD (no offense to anyones imput on it) that its not fit for the wii controler and it doesnt do anything except change "the look". again its what i read and i dont know from personal experience. i thought you should know that.

everyone said warioware and absolutely. ITS NOT FUN UNLESS YOU ACT IT OUT! if you sit there on the couch by yourself playing it and cheating, youre only cheating yourself out on all the fun. if your kids like "charades" type action then this is for them. its "competative" and interactive.

also, wiiplay comes out for the US any day now and that has more games just like wii sports. get out the information from IGN.com. all other games arent AS INTERACTIVE. i mean yes youre using the wiiremote but the games dont have that "get up and do something" drive like wiiplay and warioware.

i think those are your best bets personally. and you deff get a +1 in parenting since most parents dont really care if their children are active or not......:(

best of luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
the wii sports pack looks really cool..

but i wouldnt get it...

WarioWare isn't childish. It looks like fun.

I suggest the get off your butt games are:

WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Sports (Boxing is the best bet)

Well If anyone else can come up with some good ideas, sure to let him know. Maybe Rayman? Not sure but Wii Play might.

You've got Wii Play all wrong.

I personally love WiiPlay but with all your expectations your going to be VERY DISAPPOINTED. WiiPlay is NOT A SEQUEL to Wii Sports. Every game in Wii Play is just pointing, steering and twisting. It is stupid to play it standing up. If you do play it standing, you will just find yourself pointing at the screen and making little wrist movements. You might say that you have to play Wii Sports standing up and swinging wildly to play properly, I agree with you, but there are no big movements to make while playing Wii Play.

Wii Play is still a great game but the expectations some of you have of it here are very far fetched.

definatley wario ware...there are many activities that include alot of movement, espeacially as you progress through the game. you can unlock multi player aswell!

Wiily Good said:
You've got Wii Play all wrong.

I personally love WiiPlay but with all your expectations your going to be VERY DISAPPOINTED. WiiPlay is NOT A SEQUEL to Wii Sports. Every game in Wii Play is just pointing, steering and twisting. It is stupid to play it standing up. If you do play it standing, you will just find yourself pointing at the screen and making little wrist movements. You might say that you have to play Wii Sports standing up and swinging wildly to play properly, I agree with you, but there are no big movements to make while playing Wii Play.

Wii Play is still a great game but the expectations some of you have of it here are very far fetched.

wow i never knew :( that makes me awefully sad now. im still gunna get the game but now im not so excited about it. it looked like fun when i heard about it (i guess the shooting got me all trigger happy lol) but now i am diasappointed. well ill find out deff what its like on the 15th of this month.

i thought it was the sequel though? hmm?

Another vote here for WarioWare: Smooth Moves. It's great fun!

Somebody also mentioned Rayman. I'd like to second that suggestion. Like Wario, Rayman is also fun and gets you to move. You can even work up a sweat on some of the mini-games (like Rabbits Don't Give Gifts, I think it's called).

If your kids are getting plenty of exercise, then you are doing fine. In my neighborhood the average kid is 200 pounds. I live next to schools that banned Gym class because the kids are that fat(heart attacks law suits). By this point I assume that 80% of all kids in the US are fat, or already have horrific life style habits.

Back