Need some help naming some games

Okay I did research on all of the games, and they're all right except for the ninja game. It's not Inindo and it's not Ninja Gaiden. I keep going to gamefaqs and scroll down at the last boss and I'm not finding the boss sitting in a chair lol. I keep searching and I have no luck. But anyways, thanks everyone for finding 3 out of the 4 titles that I was looking for. If anyone has any more information on the ninja game let me know.

I think I found it but I'm not too sure. Has anyone on this board ever played Revenge of Shinobi: Shadow Dancer? If so, can you tell me if the ninja has the power to multiply himself? Because if he can't, then that means this game is not the one that I'm looking for. And if he can then my search is finally over lol.

ThunderDragoon said:
I think I found it but I'm not too sure. Has anyone on this board ever played Revenge of Shinobi: Shadow Dancer? If so, can you tell me if the ninja has the power to multiply himself? Because if he can't, then that means this game is not the one that I'm looking for. And if he can then my search is finally over lol.
i was thinking shinobi my self but you said RPG are you 100% sure its an RPG

Well the first game I need help with was on the SNES. It was one of those fighting games and you could be either a type of dinosaur or some type of ape or monkey in general. I can't remember it too well but I remember it being similar to Mortal Kombat but with dinosaurs and apes instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primal_Rage

The second game was either on SNES or Sega. It was an RPG and you play as a ninja. The only part I remember is the last boss. He was sitting in a chair throughout the whole battle but he uses his powers to fight. I remember you could make the ninja multiply so that you could do more damage to enemies.

Can you remember the look of the game
was it cartoony
Or what kind of veiw you had (was it from above)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inindo:_Way_of_the_Ninja
The only ninja rpg on the snes

The third game was on Sega. You play as a werewolf and as you progress through the levels you turn into different ones with more powers; at the end of each level there's a beam of light to teleport you to the next level and transform you into something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Beast

The final game was either on SNES or Sega. I only remember the very beginning of the game. You have to run away from a wolf to the left side of the screen and then the screen switches over to the left and there's a cliff and a rope above it. You have to jump to the rope and swing to the left a little, then swing back over to the right and jump right back to where you were before. Then you run to the right from where you started the game and then there's a guy in a robe that talks to you. Then the next level starts off with the character locked in a cage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_World_%28video_game%29

Edit : I know some have been nswerd but I thort id provide links
If this was helpfull give me some good rep

Last edited:
bangulo said:
i was thinking shinobi my self but you said RPG are you 100% sure its an RPG

No, I'm not sure it's an RPG. It probably isn't, it's been over 10 years since I played it so it could be any type of game. I did search on youtube last night and I watched the last boss of Shadow Dancer, and it wasn't the game that i played. Maybe it's another Shinobi game. Thanks Darkprinny for the links by the way. So now that I know the ninja game isn't an RPG I can search somemore. Well it's not Shadow Dancer and it's not Inindo. Who knew one game could be so hard to find? Sheesh.

Where you able to move up and down
or was it just left and right

Now that you mention it, I think it was only left and right.

wiiknee said:
This may be a stupid guess, but could it be Legend of Mystical Ninja on SNES??

No it wasn't that. It wasn't cartoony like that, it had a more mature feeling to it.

How about Ninja Warriors and Ninja Warriors Again. I can recall that it's a left to right type game.

Darkprinny said:

The screenshot for Revenge of Shinobi looked like the game I played but it's not it. But it's basically the same kind of graphics and looks as the one that I played. I wonder why it's so hard to find. I've looked at a whole bunch of ninja games at a lot of sites and I still have no luck. I'm just keeping in mind two things when I search: The ninja can make himself multiply, like make I think 4 other copies of himself. And the last boss is sitting on his throne through the whole battle.

Back