Never Say Never Again? GoldenEye 007 could had been a reality on Xbox 360

T3kNi9e said:
Don't think MS would care too much if Nintendo sold it also on VC since Xbox version would be better.

T3kNi9e said:
Don't try to act like the things I say its false because I speak only in facts. Besides saying that it would be better on the xbox was my opinion so why the hell get bent out of shape about it. How about instead of calling me a fanboy because of my opinion of Xbox's Arcade version over Nintendo's VC you accept it and move on. You quoted me as if what I said was not true.

No its just opinion...a stupid one granted... your the one treating it as fact...

And the main reason is because you think ruining an groundbreaking retro game is cool just because xbox is willing too... If thats not the deffinition of a fanboy i don't know what is...

Did you even own a system before now? have you ever played Golden eye... eaither way pretty pathetic gamer philosophy... for a new or old gamer

Lol, I owned NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube. This generation is the first time I owned a non-nintendo console. I love Nintendo and all of its games, but the sad truth is they failed in 3rd party games and playing Nintendo only isnt enough if you only own a Wii.

I played Goldeneye until my thumbs bruised, it was the most popular game in my neighborhood. I played multiplayer non stop, especially in office I think was the map, I forgot and temple. Also i still own my N64 :p

Btw, I didnt mean every single thing I say is fact. I meant when I talk about the consoles, I speak facts. You guys calling me fanboy as if everytime I talk about Xbox and Wii I say things that are untrue. Go find some quotes of me where I tell a false statement without me admitting it was a mistake.

But when it comes to goldeneye and its either the same exact old game, or the same game with updated graphics and online with achievements, why would I pick the old one over it? The only difference is the graphics and that I can play online. Especially if I still own the original Goldeneye. I can go to the Wii60 forums that I go to, and make a poll, chances are people would rather pay for Xbox's version, because its the SAME GAME, with better graphics and online.

So whats your excuse now? So far all you've been saying is that my opinion was stupid. Claiming that im treating it as a fact.

Its because its not the "same" game anymore after that...
Its odd you don't think that as well specially considering you have had these systems in the past not just nintendo but any at all.. to take a classic game like that and change it and claim it to be better version... Im all for xbox getting it, but not when the original title is changed, kinda kills why you re-release the game in the first place...

i guess its the same argument that all the Star Wars and Indianan Jones guys have when they had there movies remade with new special effects...
you can't change an original and claim it as being better... no matter how modern and new it is

make a poll id like to see how many people really care about the games, and not just graphics and online...

Wait, Star Wars is different from the old? When I saw it after they claimed to upgrade it, it seemed the same to me.

Anyway, to the topic. I know what you mean by it not really being the same after changing it. Its not the same, but its also not that different. Now if they remade the campaign, added guns, changed how fast you move, etc. etc. then I would say they messed up the game. But if the only thing they do is change the visuals to look better and add an online mode to play vs people then whats so bad? Its like, if they re-released Zelda: Ocarina of Time as a $50 console game, but with upgraded graphics, hell yeah I would buy it and hell yes I would think its better than the last. Because any improvement that doesn't change the actual game is better than nothing.

goldeneye.gif

Nothing wrong with updating graphics from the top to the bottom and keeping the game the same. Which from the arcade games ive played on Xbox, they're always the same with some extra features that dont directly involve the actual game.

goldeneye-xbox-live-remake.thumbnail-518.jpg

I mean seriously, whats so bad about that? Which btw I still remember that level, it was probably my favorite.

t3knine, in your post u said that u have owned nes, n64, gamecube and them and then u stated that u didnt like wii because of not enough 3rd party support. But u forget one thing. n64 and gamecube had even worse 3rd prty support than wii.it seems like you are conradictiong your self lol

You would think eh? But the the fact is I didnt care about games that much back then and I definately did not pay attention to many 3rd party games, most games I liked were 1st party. But you also have to realize I was younger and Nintendo games didn't feel as childish as it does now. I only bought 7 games for the gamecube. I had about the same on N64, but most of the N64 that we owned were (sorry to say) stolen or given to us. Most of the games that I played on N64 were burrowed or a friend comes over. This generation is the first time I actually payed attention to games and their quality. The reason is because even though I had all other other consoles, I played PC alot and thats where I payed attention. I already knew Gamecube had bad 3rd party, but I just didnt care enough back then. Also my brother had PS2 and even then I didnt care for the games, the only ones I really played were GTA.

So yeah, in reality I didnt contradict myself. I will say though, when I got the Wii and I was looking for quality games and reading reviews, looking at upcoming games, etc. I realized I got fukked. Then I remembered that the gamecube didnt have many great games and most of it were rated E. But, gamecube still had more 3rd party than Wii and the 3rd party games were better.

Anything else you have to say?

uh yeah that its only been one year for wii and we have good if not excellent 3rd psrty.also what 3rd prty gamecube games were awesome?

Lol, who said it was awesome? I was saying that gamecube were better but not awesome. The 3rd party on gamecube were just like on PS2/Xbox. But on gamecube, they looked better than PS2 but lacked online so that really sucked, especially since I got so used to being a PC gamer, Online became a must. Unlike in the past, I didnt care anything about online. Basically before this generation I was a casual gamer on the consoles. I was a hardcore gamer on the PC though. Since I got tired of upgrading my PC for good games I went and got Wii once I saw commercials it sucked me in. Then I got 360 and then PS3. Even when I first got Wii I still didnt pay attention to games, I just would buy what looked cool. I got Zelda because everyone knows that game is damn great, then I got Godfather cuz I loved the movie and it was GTA style. After that I started to think about games that would be worth the money because at the time I was very conservative with my money. I realized that Wii lacked games unless they were Nintendo games so after seeing so many commercials about these Xbox games I gave in and got the 360, once I got gears of war I realized how good games could be and found out there were alot of 360 games worth $60. I also realized how cheap Xbox Live was because at first I was against paying to play but I saw it was $50 for 13 months, I realized how cheap it was so I got it, which btw I got my prepaid card for only $40 for 13 months.

But I never turned my back on the Wii though. I kept checking for new games and I finally remembered the great reviews on RE4 and went and got it along with SMG that came out. Etc. etc. etc. Thats the whole story, sadly after those 2 games nothing has caught my eye. I did however rent MP3 and that was good. MoH:H2 is nice but I already got CoD2 and plan on getting CoD4. So all I can do is wait for Mario Kart, maybe SSBB and maybe No More Heroes.

So the fact is, im no fanboy... I'm just a very pick and conscious gamer. Ive become somewhat of a critic and only want top notch games. Sadly for my Wii, Xbox has alot more quality games. Wii also has some great Nintendo games, but the decent games never drop in price, I think all the good games are still $50 except RE4, which I have. Im actually going to buy Fable tomorrow for only $10 so I can know the story for Fable 2... Plus I hear its a great game.

So do you guys believe me now? Thats my whole story of my 7th generation gaming life. Im not a fanboy :p

P.S. I know I got off topic, I couldnt help myself :D

EDIT: Update on that Poll I made, Xbox version of Goldeneye is winning 14-4
So far the main reasons is for online play and possible achievements. Only guy who picked Wii explained, he said because he only has a Wii.

Last edited:
Your still a fanboy you just pick and choose which fanboy based on your gaming taste... lol

its understandable, specially if you like a specific type of gaming more than another... there is nothing wrong with being a fanboy it just shows what you like the most in the gaming world...

haveing all the systems you know they all do somethings great and somethings awful... and somethings not at all... i play all of mine, besides PS3, haven't bothered to buy it yet...

but for me really it depends also who else is with me...

if im by myself or with one buddy i will tend to play Racing games and FPS which i have on my nintendo consoles but most the "good ones" are 3rd party and my ps2 or 360 will have them...

but i honestly dont play games by my self or even with just one buddy as much as i use to...
normally if im gonna play i will do it with atleast 2 or more other people...
Thats why to this day im a Nintendo fan... Nintendo has been the leader of multi player games since N64, hands down they offer more titles and more genre's for multi player gaming... "and i dont mean online"

Of course i also like Nintendo because i was raised on it, and it is the only one still around from when i was little...
But i stick with them because they have yet to bore me and havent changed to fit what everyone else wants... They always do there thing...
But i respect and buy all the consoles because they all are great at there own corner of the market and always have some games i just cant live without....

You can say good and bad things about every console... But this is Wii chat... your gonna get nothing but grief when all you do is bash Wii
the PS3-360 forums are over there------> just click them

We all know there are some areas that the wii could be improved, but constantly comparing it to another console and wanting to just turn it into a duplicate isn't improvement, its conformity. And no matter how great you might think that would be because it would suit your taste..
It's deffinatly something we dont want in this colorfull world of gaming...

goldeneye would be a good addition to the xbox live
marketplace. definitely.

seriously...is it not possible that they could be emulator screens?

goldeneye should be on 360's arcade, i dont think any VC game has online yet and online is what would make it awesome but the thing is, goldeneye isnt THAT GREAT, has anyone even played it recently? the controls are awful compared to now day games and its quite primitive. yeah it did so many new things and at the time it was zomgtehhax but still, its something you can live with out.

Wezeles: I guess that depends on what a fanboy is to you. Maybe we think of it differently. I see a fanboy as someone who is completely biased. Someone who will defend it to whatever end because they love it so much they see past its flaws. Kind of like a parent would defends its child. But since these consoles are no where near my children I dont do that. I simply speak the truth about all 3. It just so happens my Xbox is the one thats satisfying my gaming needs. I dont play with friends much because most of my friends dont even own a console because none can really afford it or instead spend it on things like rims for their cars :p So I usually play solo or with my brother, occasionally with one friend who has a PS3.

So for example in that topic about 3 things Wii needs to do to stay alive everyone got mad and claimed most of it was false, etc. etc. When 2 of those 3 were things everyone here complains about and USUALLY accepts Nintendo needs to work on, but everyone starting bsing claiming it was untrue now that some "PS3 fanboy" said it. Which was really strange to me...

But i stick with them because they have yet to bore me and havent changed to fit what everyone else wants...

I actually think thats both good and bad. Because if everyone wants more 3rd party support and more hardcore games, it kind of sucks if Wii just ignores that and does whatever THEY want. Yet its also good that they try to be unique.

Goldeneye, was great. It really isnt that great now that you know how good FPS can be, but for that time, it was really good. Controls in reality really sucked ass, but if you use a Xbox controller or Gamecube the controls can be alot better.

Update: Poll is 20 for Xbox, 5 for Wii

Most of the reasons are still Xbox because of online, acheivements and controls. Though one guy did say he would go with Wii if they used the Wii-mote for aiming and controls, which I agree with.

Back