New controller for the ps3

mk_south_london said:
^^ whats so wrong with me expressing my point of view on the forum?
Thats what forums were made for were they not.

Thanks for the essay but...i aint readin it
LOL it isn't even very long. What is the point of forums if you aren't going to read? But you are clearly too biased to realize that Sony can't be copying something when they play no role in its production. You can say your opinion, but when it is disproved by fact then why do you keep arguing it?

ya we almost copied one thing, lets c ps3 copied

xbox 360--------------graphics
wii--------------------six axis/ nunchuck
ps2 ps1---------------------- the same controls

wat else did nintendo copy?

Abanoub said:
ya we almost copied one thing, lets c ps3 copied

xbox 360--------------graphics
wii--------------------six axis/ nunchuck
ps2 ps1---------------------- the same controls

wat else did nintendo copy?
How can you copy graphics? We don't actually know who came up with the motion sensing idea first, and they aren't extremely similar. They use different technologies and the PS3 only has tilt sensing, nothing to the extent of the Wii. They haven't copied the Nunchuck I have already explained how Sony doesn't make this thing multiple times in this thread. And how can they copy their own consoles? They made them....that is like saying that the Wii copies the GC because it can play GC games.......

And like I said before, companies copying each other is a good thing for the consumers. Would you rather have a console that has the best of all the other consoles or one that only uses their own ideas? The one that copies ideas would have all the things that make the one that only uses their own ideas great, plus a bunch more stuff, so would that not make it better?

I agree on the copying thing being good for consumers. Since both the wii and the ps3 have motion sensing. Sony and Nintendo will both strive to have better preforming motion sensing systems which would benifit us greatly. That is why xbox360 and ps3 graphics are both out of the wii's league because they are based more closely to each other while the wii relys on its innovative controls. Competion is the best thing for consumers. Otherwise you gets things like windows....

edit: just realized this is way off topic of what the thread is about. Pc fps are by far the best around, and if this works decently it would be a lift for ps3 to maybe get pc gamers into consoles

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
Ugh, you people are so lazy. That would take what? Ten seconds?
You forget he only goes on forums to post not to read :lol: .

and :lol: copying graphics

This looks like a neat controller and having a mouse for the computing end of the PS3 abilities all fits well, but it may be a long shot for console gamers. The motion sensing abilities sound pretty neat, but I can't see myself using a mouse to aim a gun having never gotten into PC shooters. Looks like the gap between console and PC is further being bridged with this controller setup.

WiiBad said:
This looks like a neat controller and having a mouse for the computing end of the PS3 abilities all fits well, but it may be a long shot for console gamers. The motion sensing abilities sound pretty neat, but I can't see myself using a mouse to aim a gun having never gotten into PC shooters. Looks like the gap between console and PC is further being bridged with this controller setup.
Well the PS3 can already use bluetooth or USB mice for the web browser and stuff. I think they can be used for games too, but to my knowledge there aren't any that allow for mouse use so far.

This will be good for Unreal Tournament 3, will be cross platform so Ps3 can play against PC, we might actually have a chance to beat PC people

This doesn't come off like a nunchuck and wiimote knock off at all. Its completely different. I dont like how you would have to have to mount it on a table or something, thats the only bad thing about this controller

aren't games going to have to be designed with this controller in mind in regards to sensitivity and all that?

from what i've read, i don't think it's just a direct conversion from analog stick to this mouse for most, if not all games.

lackluster dj said:
aren't games going to have to be designed with this controller in mind in regards to sensitivity and all that?

I heard it works with Rainbow Six:Vegas, so I guess not

i buy console to play with controls. i have a computer already, wats the point, this thing makes ps3 owners wonder wot the hell they jus spent 450 pounds on

Back