New Elebits Review

I just beat Zelda! Finally! That was an amazing game, but honestly, I'm glad it's over. Elebits will begin tomorrow, probably.

the_peripheral said:
I just beat Zelda! Finally! That was an amazing game, but honestly, I'm glad it's over. Elebits will begin tomorrow, probably.

LOL, glad its over. Thats an insult to Zelda games everywhere, maybe you be thown at with rocks! Mmmm Elebits.

xbandaidx said:
LOL, glad its over. Thats an insult to Zelda games everywhere, maybe you be thown at with rocks! Mmmm Elebits.

Zelda was pretty amazing...but the journey had to end, and what better time to end it than the exact day that I get Elebits?

I probably won't get to start Elebits until tomorrow cuz I have a wedding to go to today and then a party to go to tonight...that makes me sad. At this rate, I won't be playing Elebits until the 25th!

the_peripheral said:
Zelda was pretty amazing...but the journey had to end, and what better time to end it than the exact day that I get Elebits?

I probably won't get to start Elebits until tomorrow cuz I have a wedding to go to today and then a party to go to tonight...that makes me sad. At this rate, I won't be playing Elebits until the 25th!

Seriously? Thats an easy decision.

Wedding or Elebits? Mmmm

I got my copy but i am waiting for my girlfriend to get off work since i bout it for us to play. still have zelda going on but i just play that at night when most people are asleep at my house.

xbandaidx said:
Seriously? Thats an easy decision.

Wedding or Elebits? Mmmm

If this were an online multiplayer game, I would probably skip MY OWN wedding for it, but since I'm just going to be playing single player for a while, I'll have to put off starting it until later today or tomorrow.

the_peripheral said:
If this were an online multiplayer game, I would probably skip MY OWN wedding for it, but since I'm just going to be playing single player for a while, I'll have to put off starting it until later today or tomorrow.

You never know, someday it might. :X If it were to become online multiplayer, we both know I would totally own you in it even know I don't have it yet.

xbandaidx said:
You never know, someday it might. :X If it were to become online multiplayer, we both know I would totally own you in it even know I don't have it yet.
I will bet everyone on the forums $500 that no wii games currently out will be altered so you can play them online.

Wanna know why?

The game is on a disc. The Disc is full and not Rewritable. You can't change the game without them making a new one and you rebuying it.

vagrant said:
I will bet everyone on the forums $500 that no wii games currently out will be altered so you can play them online.

Wanna know why?

The game is on a disc. The Disc is full and not Rewritable. You can't change the game without them making a new one and you rebuying it.

Oh I know that Nintendo said that most of the first wii games won't have even online abilities and whatnot. Just wishful thinking on my part.

That does bring up something to mind, has there been anymore information on how exactly game updates are suppose to be done? I have thought of what you said as well about the game discs. I'm still trying to think of how they would do this. Does the Wii even have write capabilites?

xbandaidx said:
Oh I know that Nintendo said that most of the first wii games won't have even online abilities and whatnot. Just wishful thinking on my part.

That does bring up something to mind, has there been anymore information on how exactly game updates are suppose to be done? I have thought of what you said as well about the game discs. I'm still trying to think of how they would do this. Does the Wii even have write capabilites?

Well you can have stuff like level alteration and stuff like that run from internal storage etc. But allowing a game to have online capabilities would require a lot of alteration.

However, would that mean for new levels you'd have to download the same content again and again if you want to play it. To me that just doesn't seem like a feasible way of doing it if thats what Nintendo is planning on.

Now if everyone were to get an external harddrive and have the information saved there, that is assuming we do get support for it, that might be a different story.

However that brings up the point of if they were to allow external harddrive support, how would the filesystem structure be setup? Would the console have support for reading the popular Fat32 filesystem and NTFS? Because I have a 250GB external, and theres no way I'd devote an entire 250GB external to the Wii unless both my Wii and computer could use it.

There are just so many factors right now, it just makes me wonder how Nintendo is planning on doing all this.

xbandaidx said:
However, would that mean for new levels you'd have to download the same content again and again if you want to play it. To me that just doesn't seem like a feasible way of doing it if thats what Nintendo is planning on.

Now if everyone were to get an external harddrive and have the information saved there, that is assuming we do get support for it, that might be a different story.

However that brings up the point of if they were to allow external harddrive support, how would the filesystem structure be setup? Would the console have support for reading the popular Fat32 filesystem and NTFS? Because I have a 250GB external, and theres no way I'd devote an entire 250GB external to the Wii unless both my Wii and computer could use it.

There are just so many factors right now, it just makes me wonder how Nintendo is planning on doing all this.

I highly doubt Nintendo would invent there own filesystem lol.

Back