New Wii this Autumn?

I wish we could send it back to Nintendo to change colors but it would be to expensive so Nintendo wouldn't want to do it and by the time the Wii gets a DVD player Blu-Ray will probably already have won the Format War. I mean honestly since Blockbuster is only carrying Blu-Ray movies they won't only benefit from those sells but people will buy a Blu-Ray player for this reason. Add to that fact they are on the PS3 and Sony, Disney, Fox, and MGM all release exclusively on Blu-Ray Toshiba needs to surrender.

callme.nasty said:
personally i think the white wii is really the only good one, but i agree black wiimotes would be killer.
Check out the silicon skins for the remotes. They are very nice for color addition and are hard to beat during gameplay for grip; plus they just flat out make holding the remotes more comfortable.

Ok well consider some things before bashing a DVD playing Wii.....Maybe not everyone has a dvd player. I have my Wii with me wherever I go. College, my room back home, wherever. Now the TV I have in college does not have a DVD player, and the PS2 that I've been used to having is my brothers....so that's going with him to his new appartment. I hate having to watch DVDs on my laptop, so a DVD playing Wii would be ideal for me. What I'm NOT willing to do, is buy a whole new Wii just cause Ninty decided to change their minds about DVD capabilities.

callme.nasty said:
uh... no?

Uhh... what are you talking about, Blcokbuster is only going to carry Blu-Ray Movies at like 1450 stores. They are also carrying normal DVDs still.

Revan said:
Uhh... what are you talking about, Blcokbuster is only going to carry Blu-Ray Movies at like 1450 stores. They are also carrying normal DVDs still.

First off, whoever wins the HD format war is really irrelavant. DVD's will still sell more due to the low number of households with HDTVs. And it will probably still be that way for a few years.

lol even if it was true im not interested, i rekon if you already bought the wii you were happy with it, i liked white cause it stood out and didnt just blend in to all my other crap connected to the TV, i dont see why everyone always need something new when theyve already got it...

smashfan said:
the only clour wiis i would have are black white and silver the others look tacky and cheap. the wii had an elegant look but looks more child like now. It sucks that wii owners now cant have the dvd playback
I completely agree with everything that u said...reppin u up =):thumbsup:

i think that nintendo should put a dvd player on the wii cause it sucks that all other systems have one but us

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT

vagrant said:
First off, whoever wins the HD format war is really irrelavant. DVD's will still sell more due to the low number of households with HDTVs. And it will probably still be that way for a few years.

DVD's were like this, when they first came out people were mostly still getting VCR videos.

i think it would be a good idea cause like tank i travel with my wii and it would be 1 less remote ... dvd , tv, satilite ,aux and surround ... it would be nice not to buy a whole new wii i do hope they give us the option of gettin' it tuned at a future shop or something like that i do think the colors are very taki thow .

I like Silver, Black, and White: Black being my favorite. But I do agree that Red and Green look kind of tacky.

I bet Nintendo will release this new Wii when the Wiiware Service comes out and it will also include a small hardrive to save games on. 512 MB isn't enough, especially with the Virtual Console and using it on games, even if you use SD cards.

I wonder if you could just buy a color skin to put over your Wii you know, I don't see why you could not?

Though I bet it will end up like the DS Lite Fiasco did where you will be able to trade your Wii in for a discount at a Gaming Store like EB games and get a discount off the new Wii. Like $100 dollars or something.

Last edited:
This is why I don't post on this forum because you lot are so technical disables.

The Wii can read single layer DVD, Dual Layer DVD and all the games run off this, newer Nintendo games once they start to get bigger will start to use 8.5GB DVD's there is a rumour in some forums that MP3 will use Dual layer media.

This there for means that the Wii has the hardware to run standard DVD's be it single layer or Dual Layer.
The Wii cannot read CD’s standard music CD’s, if you put a CD in it will make a crunch and crack sound.

The only reason they would need to make a new version of the Wii is if they were going to alter the GPU to 1366x768 and the DVD-ROM drive to play back HD-DVD, as then you would need blue laser to read that type of media.

Think of it this way your PC has a DVD-ROM drive inside but has not got any software to play them back no media player no Power DVD nothing, the only thing its going to do is show you the files inside the DVD, that’s all that the Wii can do at the moment its physically able to read them but not able to play them back as there is no software.

But I highly doubt this is going to happen for either a long time or ever as what’s the point?
I have HD-DVD I have a PS3 I have loads of DVD players I have media centre.

Why would I or anyone else need it?

Back