Nintendo Store Component Cables In Stock

I ordered my component cables and an official Wii DVD case on Thursday afternoon. On Friday morning I got an email saying that part of my order had shipped, but part was backordered. Of course, the portion that shipped was the DVD case, while the component cables were backordered. On Saturday morning I got confirmation that my component cables had shipped, and from the looks of it, they'll be delivered either today or tomorrow. So, if it's saying they're backordered, don't fret. This isn't the December 18th backorder time again, just wait a few days and they should ship.

my tv supports:1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i, 576p, 576i
is the component cable the best accessory to enhance picture for me?

anyone find anyplace that has them for cheaper? Bestbuy has the cables by a company called React but im guessing $30 is gonna be the lowest ..

As near as I can tell, Nintendo's are the cheapest. React's are like 40 bucks or so and MadCat's are like 60. Both of those are not expected to be in stores until Dec. 13th-18th ...

Man, I followed the link, made the call, ordered the cables with 2-day delivery, and BAM, UPS was here this morning with 'em.
Zelda is amazing crisp and clear. Almost TOO clear though, cause on a 40 inch screen, the resolution lines are still clearly visible and a little annoying. But GONE is all the blur and shadowy-ness.
Def. worth 36 bucks.

Other options for component cables

You've got several options if you're not up for the $30 cables from Nintendo.

First, if you're ambitious, you can probably make your own combo component/composite cable. All this takes is an additional composite cable, some wiring skills, and a small switch.

Second, the $60 MadCatz cable everyone is talking about is the premium one. MadCatz now has a cheaper $20 cable available online.

Finally, in the category of you get what you pay for. Some no name Hong Kong site has Wii component cables for $11 plus shipping.

Personally, I'd go for the first option as it seems to be the most robust solution and makes you actually learn a thing or two about wiring and the Wii in the process.

Back