Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

Wiily Good

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2006
Australia
This is a wireless device that plugs into my computer right?
Also, do I need to load anything onto my computer to use it?
Will I notice a change in the internet on my computer when the Wii is connected?
And how finally, does anyone know how much one of these will cost in Australian Dollars?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

the usb connector for the DS costs 39.99 USD in aud transfers to roughly 52.00 AUD umm i believe that the DS connector for the computer to play on the wifi does require you to install drivers for it but i dont know i dont own it i know it comes with a disk for hte computer i would imagine you would need to install something for it to work

and as for when you are playing over wfc or downloading anything from the wiiconnect24 service there might be a slowing down of the internet connection but it shouldnt be too bad if ur on a DSL or cable modem

^^I do own one. And it's basically like you said, komio. The software that comes with it requires you to identify your DS/Wii once, then after that you are good to go. All you have to do is go to the "Connect to your Nintendo USB connector" option on the DS, the name of the DS will appear on the computer and ask if you want to allow this system to connect through your connection, you say yes, you play to your heart's content.

That sounds like a much easier and cheaper way to go than buying a wireless router to plug my ADSL into.
I can find them on e-Bay for about $AU50.

Too bad the wifi dongle only works with windows XP and my crappy computer has windows ME. i am royally screwed. I am buying a wired router because my XBOX and my wii will be right beside my computer. This also means i have to spend extra money to get nintendo's ethernet kit. I am really taking it up the arse.

Thanks nintendo. everybody and their dog has a wireless router

Australian Dollars? :blush2: Isn't that like wally danglers?:aureola: nm:confused: But yeah you will need drivers, :wink: and it just plugs in and then sends out a wireless signal for the systems like a little antennae.:yikes:

$50 including postage from nintendo themselves buddy and this is in australia. Better getting it from nintendo than from ebay.

I think they have a range of around 30ft. Picked one up from JB hi-fi for AU$49.95. EB Games are trying to slug em for AU$69.95 when the Nintendo website in Australia rrp's em for $49.95 and even send em to your frign house free of charge!(comes with disc, instructions and usb extension cord). Problem with the USB is with Wii connect24 to work u need to have the computer turned on all the time, coz USB needs to be powered up to send signal.

usb.jpg

EB Games catalogue January 2007 (page 12)

Last edited:
i was going to buy the Wii wifi usb connector off the nintendo website... 34.99 us. but i decided to try best buy first they have a DS lite/Wii wifi usb connector plus it will hook up to any other wifi in your house... laptop,stereo,etc.
and the range is much better instead of 30-50 feet its 75-100 feet.. and its only 39.99 ive had no reason to buy a wireless network in my house all my computers are hardwired.. so this was the best bet.

thoughtcrimnal84 said:
Too bad the wifi dongle only works with windows XP and my crappy computer has windows ME. i am royally screwed. I am buying a wired router because my XBOX and my wii will be right beside my computer. This also means i have to spend extra money to get nintendo's ethernet kit. I am really taking it up the arse.

Thanks nintendo. everybody and their dog has a wireless router

not everyone has wirless networks setup at home specially if you dont need one... but everyone and there grandma has ditched windows ME the minute XP came out... hell i went back to 98 once i had ME nothing works with it. go buy XP or steal a friends copy... worst OS microsoft ever came out with...
it would be cheeper for you to get XP then go buy a wifi and wireless xbox setup at best buy then to get all that crap for your ME system to work...

Back