Nintendo Wii Internet Connection: Pricey Isn't It?

Chafik31

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2007
In my house with my Wii
Hey to get an Internet connection for my Wii, I need a WiFi USB Connector ($40), a Wireless Router($30), and a Wii LAN Adapter($25)...That's alot of money just to check the news and the weather and shop on the Wii...

Anyone know any ways that I can make it easier or save money???

Oh...fregen nintendo trying to sell their stuff.

ok...so all I need is a wireless router...then I just go to internet set up on my wii and everything will work!?

Chafik31 said:
Well the offical thread says I need all those..which one do I only need?
No, you only need one of them and which one just depends on the situation. The best would probably be to just get a wireless router. Or you can get the WiFi adapter that you just plug into a USB port on your computer, or the Ethernet adapter if you want a wired connection.

D-Link, Linksys, Apple, or Netgear wireless routers are the top choices.

I have a D-Link DI-524 and it works great. I'd get the Apple AirPort base station if I had the money though. Wireless N is killer.

Linksys works rather well. The only annoying part is putting in the encryption key if you have the Router set up with an encrypted connection.

I don't think the USB thing requires any codes or anything. You just have to search for the access point. The only thing is I think you need your computer to be on before it works.

All I needed was a wireless router - the wii has built in wifi so it picked up the signal just by entering a wep (wireless) key.

Chafik31 said:
Hey to get an Internet connection for my Wii, I need a WiFi USB Connector ($40), a Wireless Router($30), and a Wii LAN Adapter($25)...That's alot of money just to check the news and the weather and shop on the Wii...

Anyone know any ways that I can make it easier or save money???

yeah you dont need all that stuff......the USB connector/lan adapter is if you dont have a router.

a router will solve all the problems just for 30$ alone. the wii already has a wifi detector on it. hense the wireless capabilities. so as long as your wii can detect your router, you dont need any of those extras

XwiimasturX said:
get a wireless router, the usb adapter is a pain in the ass. take it from someone who bought one :(

TBH i dont even know what it does! :sick:

i know the lan cable is for cat5 if you dont have a router but what the hell is the adapter for???? :confused:

Back