Not Enough Hyping?

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
We all know and most likely want both Mario Galaxy and SSBB, but what about the other games? Games like Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars 2, Zack & Wiki, Trauma Center, and others haven't been given enough attention. Fire Emblem has been rarely mentioned. Zack & Wiki was a great game and yet it's not getting the attention it needs. Trauma Center has always been a sleeper hit and same goes for Battalion Wars.

Is Nintendo really focusing to much on Mario and SSBB then other games?

RivalDestiny said:
Is Nintendo really focusing to much on Mario and SSBB then other games?

Most of those games are not made by Nintendo. It's up to their individual publishers to handle advertising.

I am looking forward to those games as are many.
But I see where your coming from.

The other companies just need to spread the word a bit more, throw out a few more commercials or something. I dunno.

I think its too late though for some though, to be honest.
Many already are Galaxy filled or Brawl filled in their heads, and won't even think about anything else.

Skippy said:
Most of those games are not made by Nintendo. It's up to their individual publishers to handle advertising.

Yes I understand that, but shouldn't Nintendo at least mention them?

Skippy said:

the only one that isn't is zack and wiki, all others are i believe

hmm i fully agree with you...i mean they already have one of those wii commercials(similiar to msc's) for bwii, but i have yet to see one for fire emblem

RivalDestiny said:
Yes I understand that, but shouldn't Nintendo at least mention them?
i agree since the #1 reason theyve failed in the past was cause no third party could beat the games they were putting out..

hyping can either make or break a game because if the game get's hyped up insanely then people's hopes get really high and then they expect a lot. if a game that gets hyped up sucks then its a huge failure but if a game without hype fails noone knows....and if the games have no hype then noone is looking for much so if it's really good word gets out and it gets hyped by the fans.....so really its a risk for game company's to get too much hype into games

thats just my opinion on it

Yeah i sort of agree with you, But nintendo has its downs and ups, But these games arent just going to be just "OTHER GAMES" Lol as a big of a SSBB fan as i am, I can say that SSBM sold great even after a 2 year period, and it continues to sell good for how old the damn thing is, But yeah Nintendo has had alot of fall backs with it's delays, (You guy's know what im talking about) But Nintendo's intentions are always good, I think a new slogan for Nintendo should me..

"YOU OWN WII, YOU WAIT PATIENTLII"

The thing i love about ninendo is how they think ahead of the game, Notice the wii was cheap has great concept, And mainly Nintendo started to use they're brain for smartness that is DEEP within the skull's of every mario, But the point i was getting to about (How they think ahead of the game) Is that when the wii came out, You notice that They're has been no death light (reffering to 360's deathring day), There has been no need for price drop, and they know how work a game- Making it with good enough Next gen graphics,(and no im not talking about the ps2 stretch titles) and awsome gameplay.. All we gotta do is be patient.. The longer the wait the better the game, Who know's how long SSBB has been in development.. and that push back gave them time to add that special somthing which we will eventually find the reason to what it was delayed,

JUSS' GOTTA BE PATIENT..

Wauw! I thought that zack and wiki was pushed back?

I agree with the above poster. Wait Wait Wait and one day you will have that fine game ;) But that wasnt the topic.

Sometimes a game is going to sell itself. And just like someone said, hype it enough and the game will almost certainly fail.

Advertising on TV and lots of magazines is hugely expensive, as is developing a half decent game. Alot of the smaller companies probably cant afford to do both and have to rely more on good/eye catching cover art, their website, and if theyre lucky some good reviews from high profile places like IGN and official Nintendo mag. Another thing to consider is that when Nintendo is advertising a game, its actually advertising the console as well, which because its a more expensive product needs more advertising.

Last edited:
Back