Official Wii Campout Thread

siksol said:
the only have 5 wii's and you're waiting till noon 2 moro?? wow your brave. Do ya really need a tent and all that for only 12 hrs?.. wow im packing light compared to most i guess
yeah, I'm going off of how soon they camped for the PS3 yesterday. No one started camping out there till around 2 or 3 yesterday for the playstation and the store only had 2 of them. As for the tent, damn I hope I don't need it but its being packed in the car just to be safe. If I wuss out in the cold then I'll pitch the tent and climb on in to get out of the wind and its not 12 hours, its 22 hours I'll be out there ;)

Oo0o 22hrs, thats right forgot you said sam's club was thinking wal-mart and a midnight release my bad lol. Well anyways best of luck to ya hope ya get one

Camping In Tampa Florida Yeya! From What I Hear My Wallyworld By My House Is Gonna Have About 15 :( We Will C No Line As Of Now Tho....(fri-1am) Goodluck 2 All....

Turel I Know Ur In Sunrise Lmk How It Goes For Ya Ill Lyk If U Care.

Hey,

I am going to try and a get a WII at the best buy I work at Sunday. We are going to have 160. When should I start camping out? I am in mission viejo, CA
Matt

:D

I started campin out at my 24/7 walmart around 7PM Friday night! there was only like 10 people but when I left like around 11PM there was around 15. My bro was cool enough to wait in line while I go home and sleep. :ihih: but he said to come back at 8am lol so yea Im goin back in a little while. my walmart said they only have 37 We asked the other people there too they said same thing 37. So least right now I know im def!!!! geting a WII!!!! :D!!!! So happy!! WOOO now goin to eat my breakfast then head on over again lol it was cold so glad my bro was nice. :) (guessin there will be more people when I go back right now!)

I'm camping out in Colorado Springs, Co. Pretty sure I'm set on Best Buy. The employee I talked to said they had over 100. I hope to get a confirmation on that number but as long as I'm in the first 10-15 people in line, I think I'll be okay. I plan on starting at 8:00am. The midnight release at WalMart is very tempting to me as well. I'd rather be in my own bed at 2:00am than in a tent, sleeping on cement, worried if my money or my spot in line is going to get jacked. :) But, since this is for my son, I'll what I need to. If I don't come home with a Wii in the next 30 hours, I'm pretty sure I can expect a cub scout pocket knife in the back when I get home. :) As far as what I'm bringing:

Tent
Sleeping Bag(s)
My Son( as long as he can handle it, he says he'll stick with me)
Sons DS and games
Book
Snacks
Drinks

My wife will be bringing us lunch and dinner. I hope my friends bring me some coffee like they did for the 360 launch.

I'll have multiple layer of clothes since it's supposed to get in the 20's tonight.

Well, I guess it's time to take a shower, wake the boy and get layered up.

Good Luck everyone.

Russ

Alright im going tonight...man this is going to be existed...the only thing im worried about is not getting the wii..but either then that im cool...lol and if some dares try to mug me well lol lets just say i feel sorry for the guy that tried...i knew my karate would prepare me for something in life and now i know what it is..my karate made me learn to make sure i don't get mug out side a shoping mall waiting for the wii...My life purpose is now almost complete..the other one is i get to play the wii and then my life purpose complete

suprise

my mom wuz tellin me im not gettin till christmas, but at like 10 this mornin she started callin me n tellin me how many people are currenntly in line(about 7) so then shes tellin me i can go campout if i wanna, im so suprised n happy!!:lol: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Stay safe guys, there's been some crazy reports from the PS3 campout the other night.

As of 10AM this morning, at the West Lafayette, IN wal-mart, they already had more people wanting to get in line than there were consoles. I preordered from Gamestop, so I'm good.

Around Big 10 college campuses -- lines are BAD! People got in line Tuesday for Playstation 3.

I'm at the wm on 80 n beltline n I'm 3rd with NO1 behind me, any1 else experiencing this??

Eh, I live in the boondocks and there aren't too many hardcore (Wii-hardcore, anyway) people around here, so I doubt there will be any kind of line. I'm hoping, anyway. :D

Back