Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood >:D

it's an RPG
it's Sonic
it's on the DS

this website scanned all the pages and screens from Nintendo Power

giggas on neogaf said:
-In game graphics have a water color look, all hand drawn
-4 party members at a time
-Each character can do certain things ex: Tails can float over things (standard stuff)
-11 party members total - 7 known are Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow, Big the Cat
-Control done fully with stylus - think Hourglass
-Able to split party into teams at certain moments
-Rings are used as currency
-No random battles, see enemies on the field
-Turn based battles, choose commands for everyone in your party before they actually follow through. Want battles to be fast paced
-Elite Beat Agents style special attacks
-Team attacks (like Chrono Trigger)
-"Fatigue Points" instead of MP
-Choose which attributes to increase when you level up
-Purchase and level special attacks
-Bits of story - Sonic's on vacation from defeating Eggman 2 years ago. Gets a call from Tails that Knuckles has been kidnapped by a group called the Marauders, and that 6 chaos emeralds are missing. Eggman not the main villain. But Bioware wants to make him a creditable bad guy again. Something about a "twist" between Eggman and Sonic that goes back to the earlier games.
-2 acts - first takes place in standard Sonic areas. 2nd takes place in a darker world
-Remixed classic tunes
-"fully animated cut scenes"
-simple dialogue trees
-Side quests

the exact release date was not announced yet but it will be some time this year :)

looks good

can't wait!

Last edited:
manred said:
So is this that one great RPG that Nintendo Power was talking about in their last issue?

yes, i think it is.

FRuMMaGe said:
I think the Xbox 360 Sonic game hammered the last nail into that coffin.

They should return to the old roots of Sonic, and make a next-gen side-scroller, but with some special kind of Cell-shaded 3D graphics, like with Street Fighter 4.

Back