Opoona Trailer

WiiZero said:
Has anyone heard of Opoona before this and this looks like it might be a revolutionary Turn-based but I don't want to be a fat bald kid

Anything that looked cool was ruined by the fact that you're a short fat bald kid.

I dont have a Wii, so can someone answer this question for me: Are those average Wii graphics?

Those seriously looked like last-gen graphics OR WORSE. Dont get me wrong, I love the Wii, but that was simply rediculous.

I think you are referring to the art style the graphics seem fine to me

^^No, I understand that it is supposed to be a simplistic game with simplistic art, but the graphics make this look like an N64 game.

It probably isn't that far into development they will probably increase graphics not the faces but I did notice weird stuff with the lines I'm optimistic about this one.

Yeah but it looked like it had some action elements I could be wrong though

Borch712ers said:
I dont have a Wii, so can someone answer this question for me: Are those average Wii graphics?

Those seriously looked like last-gen graphics OR WORSE. Dont get me wrong, I love the Wii, but that was simply rediculous.
Well, as for the games I have, Sonic is the only one that I could consider average Wii graphics (because TP is gamecube graphics and wii sports/wii play... well you get the point xD) but Sonic looks really cool, the graphics are beautiful, and even if they are not as 360/ps3 they are way better than last-gen (ever played SA2B?), so I think the answer to your question is: No, those are not average wii graphics. Maybe they are doing it simplistic on purpose, if you take a look at the characters, they are not highly detailed designs, are they? They probably think it fits better that way.

Last edited:
Zarogan said:
Well, as for the games I have, Sonic is the only one that I could consider average Wii graphics (because TP is gamecube graphics and wii sports/wii play... well you get the point xD) but Sonic looks really cool, the graphics are beautiful, and even if they are not as 360/ps3 they are way better than last-gen (ever played SA2B?), so I think the answer to your question is: No, those are not average wii graphics. Maybe they are doing it simplistic on purpose, if you take a look at the characters, they are not highly detailed designs, are they? They probably think it fits better that way.

lol, I am getting pretty annoyed now... I was already given this response once and already answered it. YES, I do know the difference between simplistic art and bad graphics. I do not think the Mii's, Wii Sports, or Wii Play have bad graphics, they are just simplistic, like the Wii. Yes, this game is simplistic, but you guys are using that as an excuse for this game's graphics. As I said earlier, if I had never seen this game before and had been asked what console I thought it came out on, I would have said the N64.

EDIT: Oh, and fyi, simplicity and graphics dont always go hand in hand, although they ussually do. You CAN have a simplistic looking game with good graphics, and that misunderstanding is why I think you people are getting these two things mixed up and giving this game the excuse that it just "has a simple art style."

Last edited:
I really see nothing wrong with the graphics they aren't top-notch but they are average

Ugh, I'm really not looking forward to this game.
It looks terrible, IMO, but I hope I'm wrong. Why must every freaking game have a kiddy, cartoonish look on a Nintendo console. Please, don't get me wrong, I'm usually the person saying "well I like kiddy games too" because I really do, but this is starting to get ridiculous. It seems that every game has to have a cartoony feel to it.

And I really don't like the art design. But then again, what do I know, this could be a great game, and I really hope it is.

I had a feeling this wasn't just turn-based

I kind of dig the simple look, it's kind of like a mix of bomberman and lego styles.

Borch712ers said:
^^No, I understand that it is supposed to be a simplistic game with simplistic art, but the graphics make this look like an N64 game.

:lol: your over exaggerating!
Wii is capible of better graphics but if you actually did love the Wii youd know its all about gameplay

Back