Original Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Help!!!

banana_678

WiiChat Member
Feb 25, 2007
Hello Buddies,

I bought a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector 2 Weeks ago, but till now i still cannot connect my Wii with the internet.I did all i should,but end up with ERROR 52140.

The USB Connector can detect the wii..and shows "connected" with full bar in the registration tool.

I connect my wii with wireless connection>>nintendo wi-fi usb>>allow usb connector to connect>>but some out with ERROR 52140

I'm not sure whether my firewall is on or not?But anyway my Norton Antivirus is expired,so i assume its not affecting.

Buddies please help.I really want to online.

What should i do.

NORTON is a fail proceed to get a better Antivirus lol. Get AVG or something better dude.

Anyways try messing about with your Internet settings:

To shut off your Firewall [Not recomended but it's worth a try]

START > Control Pannel > Windows Firewall > Off

I'm getting the same 52140. I had Norton and I unistalled it and it still didn't work. Turned Windows Firewall off and still nothing. Unistalled it and reinstalled it and nothing. I then though my PC was incompatible with the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector so I took the compatibility test but my PC is compatible. So if you ever fix the problem let me know.

Error 52140

Dude,

My Window Firewall is off. Still the same problem.ERROR 52140. I try to install the latest nintendo wi-fi usb connector software.Still same result.I have read in other forums that many ppl have the same problem.The connector can detect wii but wii can't connect to intenet. PLease Help!!! Thanks

Make sure your PC is switched on lol
Nothing is running in the background
The USB is firmly in and beng picked up from your PC
Umm other than that I dunno,
Try to E-Mail Nintendo your problem

banana768, I sent you a PM. I might serve as some help to you.

Shinji said:
banana768, I sent you a PM. I might serve as some help to you.

Im having the exact same problems as bananna. even unstalled my firewalls and anti virus, but still the exact same! all reinstalled now btw! :yesnod:

Ive unstalled the usb software, reinstalled latest version tried again....same result.

so frustrating, can anyone help??

I had the same problem you guys are having. My Wii is now online.
My solution: bought a router. They are so much more reliable than the USB connector and you don't have to have your computer on when you want to connect to the net on your Wii.
I still have the USB connector floating around my room somewhere, such a waste of money.

thing is ocean. I have adsl modem connected to desktop with usb cable.

can i just buy a wireless router, and connect the modem to it (giving me inet on desktop), then the wii will find the wireless network given out by the router??

im confused on how to set this up actually! will my desktop be wireless compatible....Acer Aspire SA80 - how to i check this?

Thanks guys

I had the same setup as you before I got my wireless router, dsl modem connected to desktop with a usb cable, I just didn't realise I had an ethernet port on my computer. You have to plug the modem into the router and then the router into your computer. I was just lucky that my computer had the ethernet port, because my router does not have USB out.
Once it was all set up, the Wii found my router, I entered in the WEP security settings to my Wii and I was away!
With regards to your desktop being wireless compatible, it must have either an inbuilt wireless card or an external one. I had a quick look for your computer, and it says that it has an ethernet port, so everything should be pretty sweet for you. (as in, no wireless, but you have the ethernet port so you wont need it to be wireless) Your desktop wont need to be wireless will it? I couldn't imagine lugging an entire computer around.
If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me. (you wont be able to pm until you have made atleast 10 posts.)

Last edited:
Yep, that would be basically all that you would need, and maybe an ethernet cable if you are currently using the usb cable to plug your modem into the desktop. Take a look here and see which router works best. I'd recommend the Linksys WRT54G, I havn't had one single problem with mine, works a treat. Depending on cost aswell, but Linksys are usually the best value for money.

EDIT: The Linksys WRT54G has 4 wired ports at the back where you can have wired connections if you want as well as wireless, I would think this is a standard feature on most wireless routers though.

Hey.

Thing is my ADSL modem only have usb out. no ethernet port. This will mean i cant connect the modem to the router, right??

or am im being dumb, and the modem connects to router with USB and router to desktop with ethernet cable? :)

man, wish it was easier!

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm, a modem without an ethernet port, that might be a problem. I've got everything going via ethernet here. What brand of modem is it? You might have lucked out on that one, I'm not sure if you can connect the modem and router via USB, if anyone else out there knows if you can or not, feel free to jump in! If it is not possible, then the only solution would be to buy a modem & router all in the one package, cuts down on space that way to, apart from that, I'm not sure.:(

Sorry I couldn't be of more help with that.

I use a wireless network instead of using a usb wi-fi connector.
It beats the stress of having usb wi-fi errors all the time.

Back