Pitfall Help needed

I'm stuck in the same general area. I'm back in the room at the Turtle Monument. I have the native standing on the button so that the green column stays down. I'd smashed the vase behind that column in a previous visit (by standing on the button and using aiming my sling at the vase). Now, even though I can walk up to the shiny idol, I can't take it from the explorer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Tom

Hi I'm new to all this, love the game pitfall harry, bought it for my son & now I'm hooked!! any help on how to get tnt?? ice pick??? or what the heck your suppose to do in the native villiage?? do you have to pass all levels of the native games (tucco shoot) to move on-thanks for help

Hi I'm new to all this, love the game pitfall harry, bought it for my son & now I'm hooked!! any help on how to get tnt?? ice pick??? or what the heck your suppose to do in the native villiage?? do you have to pass all levels of the native games (tucco shoot) to move on-thanks for help

I'm assuming you must be at the Native Village for the second time (meaning you went there, saw the "Kill" video, then went and got the Princess to go back to the village, and then you entered the village). Based on that, I'll answer these in order:

(1) TNT—comes later in the game

(2) Pickaxes—ditto (these come way before the TNT does)

(3) When you enter the Native Village after luring the Princess home with the butterflies, you should be given the Shield. Use it to go through the "initiation" rites (sounds like you did this already).

(4) You need not win the Native Games before you move on, and indeed you CANNOT win them all yet, since three of them (Pickaxe Race, KABOOM!, and Raft Bowling) require equipment you don't have yet. You can play the games to which you already have access, though. Tuco Shoot requires the Super Sling to win the Hard level, and Whack-a-Tuco requires the Smash Strike. If you don't have these two items, you can play the levels that don't require them and then come back later. You get an Idol for each Native Game you win on the Hard level. So you should expect to come back to the Native Village in the future to finish these little diversions, even though the game will NOT prompt you to do so other than noting when you've "unlocked" a particular game. (Note that while the menus show "Native Games," you have to come back to the Native Village and bang the gong to play them. I suggest you learn the shortcuts back to that area for later in the game when you're down to the last few Idols and you need to play these games to finish.)

Once you get the Shield, the game should show you one of those animations where Harry looks at the map and talks about where to go next. You want to go back through the Butterfly Glade to the Renegade Fort. Be prepared for MEGA-frustration when you get there once you figure out how to move on to the next level!!!! (and to help you out, the next level is not the Flooded Cave.)

thanks for help

Thanks for your help, you must have a lot of patients.....one more thing, any hints in the native villiage on how to get up to where the windmills are high above?? and how do you find all the shamen-go back??

Thanks for your help, you must have a lot of patients.....one more thing, any hints in the native villiage on how to get up to where the windmills are high above?? and how do you find all the shamen-go back??

I never noticed any windmills in the Native Village, to be honest. On that level you need to get the Shield and pass the "Initiation" rites. The latter is what gives you access to the Native Games. Once you've done that, you've done all you need to do on that level other than playing the Native Games.

The best way to find all the Shamans, and for that matter the Idols and Explorers, is to explore all around every level when you get there. These things tend to be tucked in out-of-the-way places. If there's a stinky plant, or a wall requiring TNT, or a wall requiring Pickaxes to climb that appears to serve no function on the main quest, then there's a pretty good chance you'll find something useful if you explore that area (even if it means having to come back in the future). Look under ramps, atop ledges, behind moving walls, stuff like that. A general rule of thumb is that there are very few things in this game that are not there for a reason—if you see some boxes that let you climb up to another area, for example, there's probably a reason why you should climb up there.

The easiest way to confirm whether you've gotten all the Idols, Explorers, and Shamans is to buy the "notes" from the Shaman (Cavern Notes, Jungle Notes, etc.). These tell you, for each level: "Idols x/y," "Explorers x/y," and "Shaman." "X/Y" denotes "you've found X, there are Y total on this level." For "Shaman" it says either "Waiting" (i.e., you haven't found him yet) or "Gone Away" (i.e., you found him and bought something from him).

The Smash Strike and the Breakdance Strike are more useful in the scheme of things than the "notes," so I suggest buying those in the near future if you can. The Breakdance Strike in particular is useful in the mountains and the Smash Strike is useful in the caverns, although you can get past either area without these abilities.

Time Limit

HAHA I figured it out all on my own without reading this... only because I was too lazy to get off the couch and come and read it. I figured out that you have to roll under the door, and that you don't need speed to swing from vine to vine. I was trying TOO hard...it was much easier than I thought.
I have to say that majorly ticked me off.
I did find the 'original pitfall' game in the temple and played it for about 2 minutes, until I realized how frustrating it was. LOL I don't remember getting an idol for playing it, or do you just get one for unlocking it? I'll have to go back and check.
Cheers to you all
Carrie

I did find the 'original pitfall' game in the temple and played it for about 2 minutes, until I realized how frustrating it was. LOL I don't remember getting an idol for playing it, or do you just get one for unlocking it? I'll have to go back and check.
Cheers to you all
Carrie

You don't have to win the game, but you have to play to a certain point.

Hope someone can give me a hint ... I am in Monkey Temple, I've turned back into Harry (not a monkey anymore), but I can't figure out how to get out of here! The way I came in is closed up, and I can't seem to do anything at the end of the tunnel where the shiny treasure-thing is turning on the pedestal.

Thanks!

Hey 1995hoo -

Another pitfall question for you. I may be mistaken, but it seems I'm approaching the end of the game too quickly. Recently, I ended up back at the Ladder of Miles, then the Mama ....towers (second time through), and then out to the Fire Bombed towers. After there, I'm suddenly at the Gates of El Dorado, which is where I've stopped. It looks like the Ruins of El Dorado are after that, which to me looks like the end of the game. But I can tell there are still a few unvisited sites on the map yet (and I also haven't found the original Pitfall yet). I do have the TNT, which I know is the last thing you receive.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Tom

Hey 1995hoo -

Another pitfall question for you. I may be mistaken, but it seems I'm approaching the end of the game too quickly. Recently, I ended up back at the Ladder of Miles, then the Mama ....towers (second time through), and then out to the Fire Bombed towers. After there, I'm suddenly at the Gates of El Dorado, which is where I've stopped. It looks like the Ruins of El Dorado are after that, which to me looks like the end of the game. But I can tell there are still a few unvisited sites on the map yet (and I also haven't found the original Pitfall yet). I do have the TNT, which I know is the last thing you receive.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Tom

The Fire-Bombed Towers are the final area before the end of the game, although it doesn't hurt to go in there early (once you have TNT) to get the Idol and Explorer because there is no Shaman there, meaning you'll have to backtrack to make the final Shaman visit.

If you got the TNT, you finished up in the mountains. The map would have shown you where to go next, which if I remember correctly is back to the Native Jungle to blow up a wall off the Jungle Canyon after the place where you found the very first Shaman way back when you started the game. The easiest way to get there from the Mama-Oullo Tower is to go back up to the mountains and use the Raft via Cavern Lake. (Whilst there you can rescue an Explorer.) Getting past the Penguin Den is, as you've probably found, a lot easier with TNT.

(I'm trying not to give away too many spoilers of the next few stages. If you need more specific detail, send me a private message.)

The one thing I do recommend you do while you have easy access to the mountains, if you have not already done so, is to go visit the Ekkeko Ice Cavern. You need TNT to get in there. Access is off the Valley of the Spirits (so you have to go back through the Spinja Lair and Viracocha Monoliths....but this time you have TNT to blast all the annoyances out of your way). The Ekkeko Cavern isn't part of the mission per se, but it is well worth your time to go visit.

Hope someone can give me a hint ... I am in Monkey Temple, I've turned back into Harry (not a monkey anymore), but I can't figure out how to get out of here! The way I came in is closed up, and I can't seem to do anything at the end of the tunnel where the shiny treasure-thing is turning on the pedestal.

Thanks!

Pick up the shiny treasure thing (grab it like you do an Idol). Then there is only one way out of that room.

Pick up the shiny treasure thing (grab it like you do an Idol). Then there is only one way out of that room.

Thank you! For some reason I couldn't pick up the shiny thing yesterday -- I think now that maybe I was holding the torch when I tried it. Duh!!:blush2:

I'm stuck in the turtle in turtle monument it says to use the heroic dive but it doesn't seem to work....ANY suggestions.. Thanks

Back