price yet?

i think its raly humble of nintendo to sell a console realy cheap when the big guns are selling them for around twice the price but how much would it cost me to get it first but

Please dont multiple post its considered spamming - i0n

Published by ness on Today, 12:19:26
Nintendo breaks the tradition.

Today Nintendo released a report stating the Wii alone will not retail for a price higher than $200 USD, or 155 Euros. Also noted in the forecast report, the big N plans to ship 6 million Wii systems and 17 million Wii titles by the end of the fiscal year with confidence it will dominate the home console gaming industry once again.

However, Nintendo's high hopes don't stop there. They predict the DS to stand strong with 16 million DS handhelds shipped and 70 million DS games shipped, 20 million more than last year.

With exclusive DSmeet research, we revealed that Nintendo's doing A-OK.

Source: Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087...)
I got this from DSmeet.com
I hope this info is true.

Actually now people are saying that it will be either 200USD or 250USD, nobody thinks it will drop to 150USD. Also with the launch date, their thinking move of a october november date launch. I personally hope it's 200 because it will be more afortable and you're still getting all the very great games.

The one problem with Nintendo putting the $250 USD on the Wii is that its only $50 USD cheaper than the Xbox 360, so why wouldn't you get a Xbox 360? So Nintendo will most likely price the Wii at $200 USD.

I'm gonna say $199, simply because every Nintendo system so far has started at $199.
Whats new? The dollar hasn't collapsed (yet).

I'm hoping it's at most $199, because I'm gonna buy about 4 controllers, and some Gamecube games for it. I got $288 saved up for it right now. By the end of the Summer I'll have about $700 (Thats not ALL going towards the Wii.)

yazoo12 said:
:cool: :lol: I'ts going to be $250 and £149.99

Remember, we are in the UK and will get charged a lot more than any other country in the world. I am expecting UK tax to shift the price up to around £250 when it is released. I hope I am wrong.

From the article above, makes a very interesting case:
Q4 2006:
The Wii may be less cash than either of the other systems, but let's take a closer look at what may in fact happen at Christmas this year. We've got a system debuting for $599.99, and one that is already out at the price of $299.99 and $399.99. Since Microsoft can rely on awesome software rather than dealing with a hardware launch, it has the upper hand right now. If fact, if Nintendo was in this position we'd be seeing a price drop to combat the new systems. Microsoft isn't stupid. I personally expect a drop of up to $100 ($50 is more likely, but Microsoft will be going for a TKO at Christmas) for each bundle starting mid-November. If I'm right (and I'll put money on this at this point), that would put the numbers in a far more interesting set-up should Nintendo launch at $249.99:

Worst-case Scenario:
Xbox 360 Standard Pack: Drops to $199.99 ($100 drop)
Xbox 260 Premium Pack: Drops to $299.99 ($100 drop)
Nintendo Wii: Launch at $249.99
Sony PS3 small HD: $499.99
Sony PS3 big HD: $599.99

All of a sudden, there's a huge issue. Nintendo launches at $249.99, but Microsoft drops their cheaper bundle at a price that's LOWER than the mainstream system Nintendo is pushing. All of a sudden, Wii isn't the mainstream system in terms of pricing. With the strategy it is pushing, Nintendo should NEVER sell a system at a higher price than either Microsoft or PS3. If it does, it is simply a technically weaker system with a different controller and no HD support.

Nintendo won't win this battle by simply being different. It has to be a combination of innovation, broad scale marketing and amazingly competitive price points.

$249.99 can't happen.

it says that it will be 250 or lower, read the next two words. Either way it will either be 200 or 150USD. 200 would be better than 150 just because of what your getting.

Back