Problem on Downloaded Game - HELP!

K-Linerz

WiiChat Member
May 29, 2007
Manchester
Ok I had a Nintendo Wii which recently sold as I never used it.

The woman I sold it to originally put it away in her cupboard and was going to give it to her daughter as part of her xmas present....but temptation gave in so she has it out now.

Theres a game downloaded onto the console.... Super Mario (The first one)

When I used it it was fine and not had a problem with it, however I got an email off the woman who said : it wont let us play it at all, it keeps asking for the disc

Can anyone shed some light onto this for me?

Just before I sold the console I didnt delete anything on there other than the Mii's but everything else stayed the same.

Thanks in advance :)

Does she know that she has to click on the SMB channel? The Wii shouldn't ask for a disc for a VC game.

She's obviously clicking on the Disc channel. Tell her to click on the SMB channel.

If she isn't that dumb, maybe she's trying to play a DVD or CD.

Sorted.....

What it was, was I had deleted the saved point of the game from the console so that she can play it from the beginning. As the game had not been loaded since me deleting the saved point the game looks like it was trying to read that save point so when she was clicking start it was giving her 3 options :

Close
Wii Menu
Reset

She tried the first 2 but didnt wasnt to do reset incase it reset the whole console. I prompted her to press it as I know it would usually ask again if it was a console reset and it said Reseting the Mario Software so it was a case of reseting it so that when she now clicks to play it it will not look for that save point I created.
All is done and is working fine :)

Cheers anyway guys and enjoy your Wii's....

Aside from this, I didnt enjoy using the Wii... it was a gimmick at the beginning but as time wore on I got bored of it despite buying 4 additional games in the 2 months I had it.

Back